Saturday, January 31, 2009

Still Adjusting

I guess it takes a while to feel like yourself again.  At least is has so far for me.  Just a quick update on Molly.  We went to the doctor this week for her 2 week check up and for the most part, she is doing great.  The only thing we are working on is getting her to gain weight.  She had lost over 10% of her birth weight (7lbs. 8oz.) and is still under where she started (7lbs. 3oz.)  The doctor said I don't have to supplement yet, but to feed her as often as she will eat.  So this weeks goal-gain weight.  

This last week Nick's mom Ali, came for 3 days.  It was so nice to have her here!  She helped with the laundry, cleaning, cooking and even did a few sewing projects for me.  My mom came for a few days before Ali and it was also wonderful!  They are both so loving and show how much they care for not only Molly, but Nick and I.  I love moms!  

I am loving being a mom!!  It is hard, but so rewarding.    

8 comments:

Tringali Family said...

Adjusting does take time. I love your header/announcement! Super cute pics of Molly!

Jessica Jensen said...

Love the new banner on top!

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you posted! The pictures of Molly in your header are darling. What a pretty girl!
I hope she can start gaining weight...How is breastfeeding going, by the way? I know that was one of the hardest things for me. The great thing is, though, you can eat whatever you want! I'm so glad you have had your moms there helping you - that is such a blessing. I hope everything is well for the 3 of you! We love you!

The Wynn Family said...

I hope the feeding goes better this week. We had to supplement both of our kids, but hey that means that Dad doesn't have an excuse for the midnight feeding :) She is darling!

mom said...

The pictures are so cute. Your doing a great job as a mom.
Mom

Julia Armstrong said...

Hey Sarah!! I totally understand the adjusting thing. Congrats on Molly, we will need to get together for a playdate. Our girls are only a couple weeks apart. If you have some time, Brandon created a blog for our new additionl...thearmstrongchronicle.blogspot.com
It's all worth it huh?

Lindy said...

Hang in there Sarah...you're going to be such a great mom! I can't wait to watch her grow, and to watch you grow into your new job :) We're thinking about you.

Kris said...

Thanks for inviting me to share your blog. I love the pictures of Molly. I am so excited for you and Nick. I know you have waited for such a great blessing to come into your lives. Enjoy the journey with Molly.