Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Baby Suite

Finally the pictures people have been asking for.  This room has been my "project" since we got here.  Seriously so much of it is homemade, hand-stitched, and handcrafted, but I think it turned out nice.  In fact, I just love it!  (if it turns out that our Molly ends up a boy, we will have quite a bit of work to do to make it less girlie)
The nice comfy recliner.  I will call this the baby kitchen.  Thanks mom and dad for the night stand.  I like that hopefully everything I will need to nurse is right there.  On the back of the chair is a nursing cover I made and the light behind used to be white and with a little brown paint, voala it now matches perfectly.
We found this changing table on craigs list, only to find out that it was my sisters friend selling it.  Then we got an even better deal.  I made the changing pad cover with pink fabric and ribbon. I also did the vinyl flowers and letters with my cricut cutter.  You can't really read what it says in the picture, so the translation, "Miracles-we believe in them."
You have already seen these, but the baby room wouldn't be complete without the curtains. 
Now for the crib.  I love it.  The natural wood was just what we wanted.  It has a nice drawer for blankets under the crib skirt which is nice.  We bought those frames and painted them brown and hung them with pink ribbon on wooden knobs.  
The quilt my mom pieced and hand quilted.  It is so soft and so pretty.  She is making one that is queen size to go on the futon/guest bed too.  I know it isn't a good idea to have stuffed animals and such in the crib, but I figured she would be sleeping in the bassinet with us for a while, so it was okay for now.  
These cute letters my brother and sister-in-law painted.  Yes, painted by hand.  They are so super cute!!  Thanks guys.  The shelf I have had for a long time, but you guessed it, it got painted too.  

Yesterday at the doctors I was dilated to 1.5 and 60% effaced.  I was feeling pretty good about that until people tell me they were at least that far for over a month.  Ah well.  The doctor did strip my membranes-ouch-and I had contractions last night, but they stopped today.  This baby likes her warm environment inside I guess.  Logan is a pretty cold world to come into.  The last 2 days we have had about 7-8 inches more of snow, and temperatures from -1 to 13 degrees.    

13 comments:

Angie said...

love the nursery. i wasn't dilated at all until hazel's birthday, so don't worry about it too much.

Lisa said...

I love it! It's great :)

mom said...

Christmas is coming down so the queen quilt is next. Love the pictures. Mom

Tringali Family said...

Super cute room! I am impressed with all your crafts. I also love repainting things I already have and have them match a room. Many of my frames have been painted at least 4 times!

Shelise said...

Sarah, I love all of it. I think the colors you chose are just perfect. What a cute name. I didnt know you were naming her Molly but I love it. Im now 29 weeks (I always have known how far along you were because your 10 weeks ahead of me) and I am suddenly in a crafty, projecty sort of mode. I want to start all of these projects and stuff. Pregnancy does weird things to us. lol. Good luck until you post again.

Tiffany said...

SO cute! I love all of it! I hope she comes soon!

Leisel said...

Yeah! I love it! And so will Molly! I hope you survive the last little while. . .

-Yaerli Hatch said...

I love it (It better be a girl)
I miss you lots!

The Leonards said...

The room looks adorable! You also look great! We are so happy for you guys!

Lindy said...

So beautiful! You did a nice job on everything, as I would have expected. She's a lucky little girl.

Lindy said...

So beautiful! You did a nice job on everything, as I would have expected. She's a lucky little girl.

The Wynn Family said...

I LOVE IT!!! So are you going to come and decorate my nursery someday??

Jewel said...

I can see why you termed it a suite :)
Caroline pointed out that the frame on the shelf needs a picture of MOLLY in it!!!