Sunday, January 11, 2009

In Memory 2

Today my grandmother passed away.  It has been a bitter sweet as we know that se is no longer suffering, but will miss her so much.  I worry about my mom, aunt and grandpa.  They have been her constant caregivers for the last 2 years.  None of the arrangements have been made so far.  I feel pretty torn as I want to be able to attend the funeral, but don't know when this baby will come.  Do I need that closer or can I just pray for it.  The drive would be 3.5 hours there and 3.5 hours back.  I wonder if it would be easier with the baby in or out.   This is a picture of my grandma at my baby shower in November.  That is the last time I saw her.  She has been my only living grandma that I have known.  She lived just 6 blocks from our home my whole life and has been a wonderful influence and support.  Two years ago in August, mom grandma and grandpa went through the temple for the first time and were sealed to each other and their children.  I am so thankful for that event and know that I will see my grandma again.  What a blessing.

7 comments:

Jessica Jensen said...

Thanks Sarah, that is sweet. Looks like the funeral will be Wednesday.

dancin' momma said...

I'm so sorry Sarah. The drive down there is hard with or without a tiny baby. You're in my prayers.

Julie said...

Sarah I am so sorry! I know how close you all were! You will be in my prayers. Everyone will understand if you can't make the funeral. When my dad couldn't make my grandmas he got special permission for us to video it. Could that be something you would want to do?

Encore Dance said...

I'm so sorry! I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

whitneys said...

I am so sorry sarah!!! My grandma just died 1 1/2 weeks ago so i know kind of how you r feeling. we're keeping you in our thoughts!

Angie said...

I think that's too far away from your doctor to travel when you're so close to your due date.

So sorry about your grandma. It's nice to be able to know you'll see her again.

Lindy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, Sarah. I lost my grandma last January, and it was very sad for me. I was talking to a friend the other day who said something about how it seems like the cycle of life goes that way sometimes - people pass on as new little people join us. This baby has been a blessing to me in that way this year...as I'm sure yours will be. Love you.