Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference and Stuff

I love conference! It is seriously something I look forward to every 6 months. I have to admit, I was sad to have my first conference without President Hinckley, but my heart was touched as I listened to our Prophet President Monson. I know that he is a prophet of God. How cool is that?!? Really? We are so blessed to be taught by the Lords anointed. I also feel blessed to know that he is a prophet. Sometimes I have been accused of blind faith, but I know what I feel and I am thankful for that testimony. So, as far as favorites for this time round...I really liked Bednars, Ukdorf, Monson, and Tanners talks. I also enjoyed Hollands, and Eyrings. Can't wait until they are published so I can take it all in. Oh, and I loved the song "High on a Mountain Top" by the Mo-Tab. It was beautiful!

Today I made my first ever character cake. I have been tutoring a family since we moved here. Riley-who is in first grade, just won first place in the pinewood derby. I decided to make a cake for him in his honer. It actually was way harder than I thought it would be. Anyway, here is a shot of the cake and the kids.

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

That cake looks great! You are really getting good at cake decorating! I agree that conference was great. This one seemed extra special to me. Oh and we can't wait until you guys come back to Cedar City.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Cool cake! I am very impressed! You are so creative and talented!

Tringali Family said...

Nice cake, I should have had you make Ella's birthday cake instead of my dinky cupcakes!

Angie said...

Wow, that cake is very impressive. I loved conference, too. I felt a lot like you did - sad to not see President Hinkley at first. But the Spirit testified over and over to me throughout the weekend that the mantle truly has been passed to President Monson. There was a new feeling about him. I feel at peace, and even excited.

Nachelle said...

Hi Sidwells! yes, I'm really blogging now (I got off to a slow start) and it's lots of fun. Good to hear from you! And the waterfalls around here are beautiful, but notice we are all bundled up in the pictures, it's cold! 80 degree weather sounds wonderful :)

Lisa said...

I have DVR (like Tivo) so I got to tape conference and can watch it whenever I want. You can come over too and we can have popcorn. LOL

Cool Cake!! I might have to hire you to to Hannah's cake :) She wants... Diego!

Nay said...

Sounds like you can forget teaching and start your own custom cake business!
It turned out great, I know it takes alot of time to place each little frosting dot.

The Wynn Family said...

Wow! That cake is great! You will have to teach me how you do it. Trey wants one for his birthday.

Bridget said...

Great job on your cake, Sarah. Those character cakes are tedious and time consuming. That was very nice of you to make it for him.

The Whitehead Family said...

Great job on the cake sis! You are so talented.