Sunday, April 20, 2008

Camping Weekend




Nick with the kids, Acadia and Trayson Wynn
This weekend was so great! The Johnsons invited us, the Burnetts and the Wynn to all go camping so we left the city and hit the dusty trail. On Friday, Natalie and I left early to ensure us a camping spot. It was fun to talk on the hour drive and while we were waiting for everyone to show up. When Nick, Chad and the Burnetts came, we put up the tents and started making dinner. Then Wynns didn't make it until after dark. It was so funny when they got there, I went to get Trayson out of his car seat with Danielle and Tray said while litearlly half asleep, "I love camping." It was cute. They made it just in time for dessert.

The next morning we ate a yummy breakfast-thanks burnetts and johnsons!!
Then we went on a few short hikes. It was PERFECT weather. I LOVED most of all being with such good friends! I know we haven't known any of them for very long, but we love being in their company.

7 comments:

Jessica Jensen said...

glad you had a fun time. Cute blog page too.
Jess

Tiffany said...

Fun! Is this at Red Rock? Isaac wants to know...

Sarah Sidwell said...

Valley of Fire.

Jewel said...

The CARS cake was SOOO cute. That would have turned major heads of kids in the bakery showcase at the supermarket- and sold for big bucks.
I am glad you love my kids. I will be so full of joy the day you become a mother of your own.
The camping trip looks so fun. Especially the weather.

Garmire's said...

You guys are so awesome. Ally still talks about Nick playing with her. Your camping trip looked fun. Makes me want to go camping.
-Leah

The Wynn Family said...

We had SOOOOOO much fun. Thanks for inviting us... So when do you want to try again?

Lisa said...

What fun! Let us know when you are camping again - I would love to take the boys and Hannah camping :)