Sunday, April 27, 2008

Earth Week



Nick and I are NOT tree huggers. We love the outdoors and the beautiful world God created, but we don't like going overboard. However, last week was Earth week. We had the Healys over for dinner and surprised them by not using any dishes, utensils, etc. (we said we did it to save water from washing dishes, or paper from paper products) We wrapped the table in plastic wrap and dumped dinner on the table. After we drank our water, we used our water bottles to make root beer floats. (we cut off the tops) I hope the Healys don't think we are too strange, but it ended up being a pretty fun night.


11 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ha ha-I'm sure your friends were thrilled! :-) That is hilarious...but isn't the plastic wrap bad for the environment too? Oh well, it was the thought that counted!

Angie said...

That. Sounds. AWESOME!!! I want to do that! You guys are cool.

whitneys said...

looks like you guys had a great time! hey do you know jay and mel talbot?

Lindy said...

That is awesome!! I wish we could come over for a plateless, cupless, forkless dinner.

Tringali Family said...

Way cute idea, although it seems like our house is always like that, I don't know why I put the kids' food on their plate...it ends up everywhere else!

Nay said...

So creative! I'll have to remember this and do it next year for our family, although this isn't too far off from how our table looks on a good day!

Garmire's said...

Good dinner idea! We'll have to try it tonight!

The Wynn Family said...

Fun! In the south they actually eat Gumbo like that sometimes. It adds to the flavor. Right?!

whitneys said...

jay is my sister shari's brother in law.

Lisa said...

How funny!! I never would have thought of doing something like that :)

Jewel said...

I think it can add a lot of fun to life to celebrate those kinds of overlooked days on the calendar. I am sorry to say that I didn't know it was earth day. Where on earth have I been??? But I am training my kids to pick up litter :)