Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It is Christmas day and Nick and I are a little bored. The presents are unwrapped, we have played with our "toys" and now with no one else around, we are watching TV. So I thought I would blog about our Christmas adventures. Since the baby is due in about 2 weeks, we spent our first Christmas without family here in Logan.

Yesterday we woke up and had a special breakfast almond wreath that is a tradition in Nick's family. We took it to the Jensen's and watched them open their presents early, as they were leaving for Price. When we got home I surprised Nick with the idea of a Mexican Christmas. (where he served his mission) We got all the ingredients to make homemade tomales. They turned out to be a great success. Yum. Then we opened our "read" gift. (We decided on 4 gifts this year, a want, a need, a spiritual and a read.) I had made Nick a book on snapfish of the reasons I love him and he bought me a book called, "How to be an extrodinary mom." We watched a few family Christmas videos and talked about our favorite Christmas memories. We also read "The Christmas Sweater" together.

This morning I woke up early. I had been up several times through the night-pregnancy-so at 5:30 I rolled over and told Nick I was ready to open presents. We went downstairs and opened our presents. We are missing our families, but have enjoyed having time together alone before our family of two becomes a family of three.

7 comments:

Tringali Family said...

Sarah you crack me up that you would get up that early to do Christmas and I am way impressed that Nick would actually agree to it! Your tamales look awesome, we have a mexican neighbor who brought us some that were heavenly...we might go knock on their door for more:)

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you look so cute! I'm so excited for you and Nick. The baby is due on my boyfriend Bryan's b-day! Yay! Anyhow hope you had a wonderful holiday and a very blessed new year!

Shelise said...

You look so great. I secretly wish we could spend a Christmas just as our little family. Hope you guys had fun. Good luck with everything. I cant believe its come so fast. Oh, and the tamales look really good.

Lindy said...

You look great Sarah! Best of luck to both of you the next few weeks. I look forward to hearing all about it - take good mental notes for me :)

Jewel said...

Hey Sarah,
We used a table runner for New Years and Chrissy's birthday party. (Caroline's Cabbage Patch)

Jewel said...

It was festive and fun and plenty long. Thanks!!!

Jessica Jensen said...

It was so fun to spend Christmas Eve day with you before we went to Price. We sure missed you while we were gone.