Tuesday, December 2, 2008

UTI or Kidney Stones

UTI or Kidney Stones...or maybe both. Last night I kept having some intense pain that felt like stabbing pain. As the night continued, it got worse. I never dare take anything, but I knew Tylenol was ok, so I took some and hoped to be able to fall asleep. After laying in bed for an hour or so hurting pretty bad, Nick gave me a blessing and at 11:00pm we headed to the hospital. I felt like I had a UTI. I have had one in the past and it felt just like it. They had me do a urine sample and then hooked up the monitors to check the baby. The baby was doing fine. Thankfully. The urine results showed that I was passing kidney stones-something I had never experienced. They are also treating me for a UTI. They gave me medicine at the hospital and then I had to wait an hour to see how it made me feel. At 1:15 a.m. we were on our way back home. I am feeling a little better today. I am thankful for modern medicine, for the priesthood and for a wonderful husband.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, that is awful! I'm so sorry you have to go through that...As if you haven't been through enough! I hope you get feeling better!

Jessica Jensen said...

Glad that you were checked. I wondered about the UTI last night as we were leaving. I am glad they were able to help you.

The Wynn Family said...

Well I have heard that if you can go through kidney stones then you can handle delivering a baby. (although I have never experienced the first) I am sorry.

dancin' momma said...

I'm so sorry! As if being pregnant wasn't hard enough...so glad you are feeling better.

Tiffany said...

I just had to tell you that I laughed my head off when I read your comment!

Jewel said...

Hold On Sarah!

Tringali Family said...

Kidney stones are the worst! They are definitely worse than labor! I hope you can pass it ok. I too am so thankful for priesthood blessing and modern medicine.

Shelise said...

Wow. Now maybe child birth wont seem so bad. Im glad everythings ok.

Nevada Woolfs said...

Wow Sarah, you're amazing!