Thursday, July 31, 2008

And the winner is Logan...plus 16 weeks along

A lot has happened since our last post. We have been doing some heavy praying and contemplating, and on Monday Nick accepted the offer in Logan. We are excited and have begun the house hunting. (thanks Jess for looking at the places for us) The job is in the school district doing occupational therapy with kids. It will be wonderful because he will have an OT salary, but a teacher schedule. (summers off, big Christmas break, etc.) I am grateful that he is done with school and that I will be able to stay home with our little one. (seen below 16 weeks, 4 days old)

Today we had an appointment with my OB/GYN. It went really well. The baby seems to be growing (although I have only gained 1 pound so far this pregnancy) and is healthy. We got to see it moving, kicking, and waving. What a miracle! They tried to check the gender, but we didn't see anything yet...it may be too early though. We have our official gender ultrasound in 3 weeks. I can't wait! In fact, I usually walk by the baby sections at stores with my eyes practically closed, so I don't buy anything, but yesterday I couldn't help it. These two outfits were so cute and since we don't know what we are having yet, I bought both. I can always return one when we find out what we are having right?

14 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

Yeah for Logan! We are excited for you guys! I have the same issue with baby shopping... it only gets worse when you find out what you are having. :)

Seegmiller Six said...

Yippee! 16 weeks - that is great and I think Logan will be wonderful for you! I'm so glad to hear you guys are doing so well - congrats on the job! :)

Encore Dance said...

Oh my word! Only one pound! I gained like 10 the first day I thought i was pregnate!

Garmire's said...

Congrats on everything! Can't wait to see what you're having! Logan is a great place to live!

dancin' momma said...

That's so exciting you are going to Logan! I too suffer from a sad addiction to baby clothes. I can't resist, and therefore my girl's closets are overflowing. It doesn't help that my mom also suffers from this addiction :)
I remember thinking that pregnancy was the best diet I ever went on. with the two girls I lost 10-15 pounds the first few months because I couldn't keep anything down.

Angie said...

Yay, Logan. Congratulations on the exciting upcoming job, Nick. And I didn't even think about how you get a teacher's schedule - major bonus! I will absolutely have to stop by to see you guys when I'm up in Logan to see my parents. Yay!

Emily said...

Congratulations on making the big decision. Logan is a very beautiful place and the teacher's schedule will be really nice!

The Leonards said...

That is so exciting you are moving to Logan! Congratulations on the job with the amazing schedule! We love it there and wouldn't actually mind living their in the future if Peter got a job offer! The baby clothes are super cute! Would you rather have a boy or a girl or do you just not care?

Tiffany said...

We are disappointed you guys are leaving Cedar City (you just got here!) but we are happy for you guys too. And we think baby Sidwell is a girl!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Congrats on Nick's new job! That's so exciting! I'm glad that your pregnancy is going well. Your baby is beautiful! :)

themickel said...

I'm honored. Thank you everyone. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulation you guys! And the shopping only gets worse! My kids have so many clothes! What's worse is that Jordyn still wants to wear the same dress everyday.

Jewel said...

Wow Sarah- you actually made an impulse purchase. Way to go! If there was EVER any doubt about how excited you are, now we know, VERY excited!!!! Cute outfits.

So happy that you will live closer so soon.

Lisa said...

Yeah for Logan!!

I love those outfits! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl :)