Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Don't Count your Chickens before they Hatch

So at 12 weeks I was feeling better, only they day after posting and everyday since haven't been the best. I guess it was good to enjoy a few good days there though. I am staying hopeful. This time will pass...right?!? I will be through my first trimester on Monday...a big accomplishment. For those that have asked, I'm not showing yet, but I do like to wear looser jeans so things don't feel tight on my tummy.

We did have a good 4th of July. We went to the parade and then later that day my parents came down. They took us to The Garden House, a yummy restaurant here in Cedar. On Saturday, we just hung out, shopped a little and ate. Unfortunately, that led to a evening of sick, but I guess it was worth it. It was fun having mom and dad here. We were very thankful to spend time with them.

It must be pregnancy, but I sure cry a lot easier then I used to. When we were at the parade, and the crowd quieted down and stood up as the flag went by, tears came to my eyes as I was reminded how blessed we are to live in this country. I am grateful to be able to have freedom of religion. I have such a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and I was reminded not to take that for granted. Happy Week to you all.

9 comments:

Encore Dance said...

I think being prego does make you more emotional but I got alittle choked up this year also. We spent the holiday up in the mountains and it was beautiful! Jared's bro was in the Air Force and he shared some experiences with us that just pulled my heart strings. You are such an insperation to me Sarah! Stay Strong!
P.S. You know I can't spell!

Jessica Jensen said...

I am not pregnant but everytime I see a flag or sing the national anthem I cry too. We just understand a little bit of the price paid for our freedom and what the Lord has promised us if we are righteous.

Bridget said...

We are so blessed to have the gospel and our country. Hope you will be feeling better soon. It shouldn't be too long now.

Lisa said...

I agree with Bridget - we are so blessed to have our freedom/country and our religion.

I was SO much more emotional when I was pregnant. I cried at almost every commercial and slightly tender moment on TV. The boys got pretty tired of it while I was pregnant with Hannah! :)

Jewel said...

I think the baby just fills you right up from the bottom of your belly and overflows out your heart. So the tears are always brimming and ready to come. I don't mind when my tears are for tender, special reasons. I feel like I am living with a greater appreciation for everything around me.

Joe'n'Jess said...

I love feeling patriotic. It reminds me that my heart isn't made of ice like i sometimes believe. Listening to the national anthem and doing flag ceremonies fill me with gratitude.

Taralee said...

Hey Sarah, it's Tara (Shelise's sister) and I saw your blog on her blog. I'm SO happy for you that you're pregnant and things are going well (meaning, you're sick and that's a good thing). I got WAY sick with all 4 so far and I HATE it, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. So I completely understand what you're going through and it is rough. Hang in there! :) I would try giving you some advice, but I wasn't lucky enough to have anything help me out. I had some pretty mega pills my Doc. gave me, but they would make me so loopy that with 2 and 3 kids, I couldn't take them cause I needed to be able to function.

I also read a post below and you were asking about digital scrapbooking. I know it's been a couple weeks and you might have already got something, but Adobe Photoshop Elements is GREAT!! It's perfect and it's all you need. It's $79 at Costco and I LOVE IT!! Did you end up getting anything yet? Have you started? Let me know if you have any questions.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. If you want to see my blog it's private so you'll have to email me. urkissable@yahoo.com I just feel bad when I can see peoples and they go try to click on mine and they get rejected :) haha!!

-Yaerli Hatch said...

Hope you will start felling better

Chani said...

Hi Sarah! I am so glad you found me! I think that blogs are fabulous during pregnancy, cause they keep everyone up to date when you feel up to it.

We are so happy for you and Nick!