Wednesday, July 2, 2008

12 weeks


Picture of a baby at 12 weeks.

Today I had a doctors appointment. It was actually scheduled for next Monday, but I had a little scare last night, so I changed it. For some reason, after I laid in bed for an hour or so, my heart started racing and pumping really hard. Nick came in and listened and it was irregular. So what does that mean when you are pregnant? Who knows, I swear EVERYTHING is considered "Normal" when you are pregnant. My friend Tiffany Nunley Johnson is an ER nurse and so she came and checked my blood pressure and listened to my heart for a while. It seemed to calm down, but it was scary enough for me to move up my apt. a few days.

Anyway, the doctor described the whole heart thing exactly as it happened. He gave it a name that I can't remember, but said not to worry about it unless it starts happening more than 5 times a day. He also did some blood work to check the thyroid just in case. I have the worst veins. I hate it. The babys heartbeat was good (165bpm) so I was happy about that, and the doctor gave me the ok to start to exercise, and travel. I also get to quit my hormone next week. Yeah. Also, I haven't thrown up in 5 days! You could say, I am happy and thankful!!

13 comments:

whitneys said...

i'm so glad to know that things are going well for you and the baby!!!

Garmire's said...

Glad that everything is going good....12 weeks Yay! It'll go so fast!

The Wynn Family said...

Yeah! We were worried about you guys. I'm glad everything is okay!

Lindy said...

Hooray - that is awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Lisa said...

What a scare! I'm glad everything is fine and that you are doing good :)

Jessica Jensen said...

I am glad everything is ok.. I am also glad that you have made it 5 days and that you can finally travel and get out a little more.

Jewel said...

What a landmark, 12 weeks. The doctor sounds really confident. There are wierd things that happen to the body when you get pregnant, huh. You should always feel like you can call the Doctor whenever you have a question. I'm glad that you have been doing that. You are going to be such a good Mother.

Shermilton said...

I am glad the sick part is slowing down. I best it's great to feel alive again.

Nachelle said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and everything is ok. You're right, lots of crazy stuff happens when you are pregnant, I felt like I was in a different body!

Joe'n'Jess said...

first, i would like to apologise for not commenting on the families personal blogs. i kept just doing it on the family one, but i've missed out big time by not checking individual blogs. so i am sorry if you felt like i didn't show interest because i love you.
secondly, i just realized your due date and i must say that i would never wish a woman to go PAST her due date, but...it would be sort of funny to deliver one day later. i am so excited for you two. i hope you have a girl! i can just imagine a sweet little mini sarah with nick's sense of humor. i'm craving for a reason to buy pink things and dresses and bows and all that good stuff. so think girly thoughts!

Bridget said...

Exciting news! Thanks for sharing!

Paul and Michelle said...

Congrads on the upcoming baby, ours was due last Monday and she still isn't actively coming. Michelle has had Braxton Hicks for a few weeks and she is dilated 3cm and 80% effaced, if she doesn't make it by Saturday she will be induced.

Julia Armstrong said...

Hey Sarah!!! Surprised to hear from me? Congrats! I'm glad everything is going well. It is sooo crazy huh? Morning sickness also sucks and I'm sure you are experiencing it ten fold! I thought it was fun that you and I have due dates close to the same time. Yep, I'm having a baby too and I am just at 12 weeks. I'll start one of these blogs one day, and if I don't call you before you get this, congrats again, and I will keep you, Nick and baby sidwell in my prayers.
Julia (Johnson) Armstrong