Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Rant

Is it just me or does it seem like we have all been sick A LOT since our move?!?  I don't want to complain to anyone and since not many still read my blog...this is where I will start and end my rant!  I HATE SICK KIDS!!!  And I hate being sick too!  This cold has been a BAD one.  I don't remember feeling this sick for so LONG.  Molly and I started on it last Sunday.  It has been a WHOLE week!  Fevers, Sore throats and headaches.  On Tuesday Molly had a bad cough and I was convinced I had strep because my throat hut so bad and I had aches all over.  We went to my doctor and he checked for strep.  Negative.  Good and bad.  Just a virus to wait out.

On Wednesday morning Nick left to a conference before 6am.  I was awakened to Molly throwing up...from coughing so hard.  I opened my eyes to a world of stars, dizziness and nauseousness myself.  I cleaned her and got her in the tub.  I laid in bed trying not to vomit.  Then hear baby Avey wake.  What was I going to do?  Nick was gone, I was so sick and Molly too.  I called Mom and Dad and they came to the rescue.  Mom make soup and dad watched Avey while Molly and I slept.  Nick came home from his conference early to help too.  That was Mollys worst day.  She would barely open her eyes.  She wouldn't eat or drink anything and would cry when she had to take her medicine.  She was hot.  I was scared.  If my parent hadn't have been there I would have broke down emotionally.  It is so hard to see your kids in that pain.  Dad got Molly oreo cookies and she was willing to eat one.  He also got her a Cinderella cup and sprite which she also drank.  :)  Before my parents left they gave both the girls blessings.  I was praying Avey wouldn't get this...but  Thursday night the same symptoms came.  Friday I took her to the doctor to reveal that both girls also had pink eye and that the virus we all have was also having an effect on Aveys digestive track, giving her diarrhea.  Poor girl.  It hurts for her to swallow and she cant fight the congestion.  She is completely miserable.  I pumped a bottle last night and she drank that.  I think it was a little easier than sucking.

It is now Sunday.  My throat is still sore.  Not as bad but sore nonetheless.  Molly and I are still coughing.  Nick did have a sore throat on Friday and Saturday but feels good today.  And Avey is in the thick of it all.

I have done SO MUCH laundry and cleaning to try to not keep spreading germs.

Good things about this sickness:  Mom and Dad visiting.  My new friend and VT bringing dinner and fresh oranges.  Relying on prayer and priesthood.  Lots of naps.  We have all been together without many distractions at all.

At the Doctors.

Before Avey got too sick.

Molly's worst day.

Avey's worst day so far and hopefully ever.




But Molly has a smile today.

3 comments:

Riley and Brittney said...

Oh sad! Poor babies!

Jessica Jensen said...

Praying for my babiies.... all of them.

Jewel said...

That sounds so hard. Breasfeeding babies that get sick are so hard because they can't always suck and breathe. I am so sorry.