Sunday, June 10, 2012

Babysitting and 34 weeks





On Friday my brother Joseph graduated from dental school. Since I was pregnant, I wasn't able to fly out to Iowa so instead I played babysitter so my sisters could go. I have had 6 kids the last 4 days ranging from age 11-3 years old. It actually has gone really well and I have loved spending time with my nieces and nephews. They each have such sweet spirits and are strong. Don't get me wrong, I've had to play "mom" instead of "aunt" sometimes but for the most part it has been great! I am however TIRED. My feet are sore. I've done more laundry and cooking than I wish to talk about. Molly has loved having her cousins here. Tomorrow they all head home and it will be nice to get things back to normal, but I will miss them. At 34 weeks I am feeling more heartburn than I ever remember feeling. I often wakes me up at night because my throat is burning. I have to get up for the bathroom every night. I feel super uncomfortable, especially at night. Every time I roll over it hurts. I'm kind of a baby, but really I feel like my hips are moving and it doesn't feel good. I am measuring right on still. Didn't gain any weight the last two weeks, which I was honestly happy about, (less weight to loose after the baby arrives) but I'm sure I'll make up for it by my next appointment. I am experiencing swollen feet for the first time. I had swollen feet for about a day with Molly, but nothing like this. It could have something to do with me being on the, so much with babysitting, but i dont like looking down and seeing them swollen. Im also getting BIG. Im thinking this was as big as i got with Molly when I delivered...maybe not quite, but close. My belly button is still sticking in but just a little. I went through my birth plan with my doctor and he agreed to everything on it. Let's hope things can actually go as planned. I feel nervous posting this in case things go totally different, but I have decided to do a natural birth with this baby. I have no desire to feel pain. I have no desire to have "bragging rights" or feel like I have accomplished a marathon. I just have a feeling that this is the way I should birth. To be honest, I am really still nervous about it. I have done a lot of reading and studying about it and asked a lot of friends and family member who have had natural births a lot of questions. I have been trying to learn as much as I can about Hypnobirthing and relaxation techniques. Only 5ish weeks left...I hope I will be prepared. After saying all that, I am excited to experience birth...really experience what my body was made to do. My sister Sherstin had 2 of her babies natural, so she has been doing some Skype meetings with nick and I to prepare on Sunday nights. That has been helpful. She will also be at the birth to help. Yesterday was a birthday party for Crystal, Nicks sister. Nick and Molly went up for the day and enjoyed spending time with the Sidwells. When he got back he took the kids fishing. He has been so helpful!!

6 comments:

mom said...

Try just 3 but no Nick. oys are different than girls.

Jewel said...

Hi Sarah. Sorry about your heartburn.
Your body is strong. You can do this!

I too have done more laundry and cooking than I wish to talk about.
I'm with you there.

But my kids are taking their days at lunch. that helps (me and them.)

Shafferprincess said...

You can do a natural birth. You really can! I did with my oldest, and his was the longest, too. But, I did it, and I loved it. I healed so much faster afterwards, and felt better immediately after. If circumstances had been different with my other three I would have done them all natural, but they weren't.

But, you are strong, and wise to be prepared beforehand. You CAN do it!

Love you.

Shermilton said...

Thank you, Aunt Sarah.

Angie said...

Are those top pictures of your YARD? It is huge! It looks like a park, but there's a fence. I have got to stop reading your blog. I get more and more house-jealous each time. ;)

Jewel said...

That picture of Kitahni reading looks SOO much like Desi!