Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What's Going On

Update on Breech baby:  Not sure if she has moved or not....well, she has moved a lot, but not sure if she is still Breech.  Meet with doctor in a week.

Passing the Time:  It kind of feels like I'm just passing the time.  Not really, but I'm just so big that it is hard to do much.  Having Molly in the winter I never really got swollen and I didn't really have to do much because I didn't have other kids, so I remember doing a lot of crafts and stuff to pass the time.  A little different now.  It is hard to keep a 3 year old busy when all I want to do is keep my feet off the floor.  I'm a baby when it comes to pregnancy.  We have been busy though.  We have several tea parties or picnic a day, went swimming...and yes I even got in with my big belly, Molly's been fishing with her dad again, painting and today we did pretend cooking.  Molly used to be perfectly content pretending with ingredients, but lately she has needed a few ingredients to pretend cook.  Today it was water, sprinkles and a chocolate kiss.  From that she made us pancakes.  Oh how I love her imagination!!

I have been impressed lately at how independent she had become lately.  She pushes a chair up to get most of what she wants or needs.  Likes to brush her teeth by herself and let me just check.  She will do some chores now...although she doesn't like cleaning her toy room, she will do dishes and put the clean dishes away.  She is good at figuring things out.  We have caught her on several occasions, after we have put her to bed, reading either in her bed or in her reading nook with a blanket.  She knows when it is bedtime and doesn't come out, but will read until she is tired.  So sweet.  I love that.  With the independence comes a bitter sweet for me.  It couldn't have come at a better time with my lack of motivation and the baby coming, but it does remind me she isn't my baby anymore.  And she is going to keep growing.

 Cooking
 Pool Preperation
 TeaParty or Picnic
The nursery is about ready...the hospital bags are mostly packed...4 weeks to go!


2 comments:

Shermilton said...

Fun pics. I love to see what she creates with her imagination. It is bitter sweet as they grow.

Jessica Jensen said...

You can make it!