Monday, February 22, 2010

So You Think You're Crafty

My friend Missy started a blog called "So You Think You're Crafty" several months ago. It has been so fun to watch and see what people come up with. She gives them a theme each week that they have to create a craft around. Then you can vote and the best crafter wins. It has got a lot of creative juices flowing in me too. I am by no means a crafter, but I have REALLY enjoyed TRYING to be one. Here are some of the things I have made in the last 4 months.
A ribbon blanket I made for Molly.
Binkie Bunny, Clyde, and Mohawk Monkey were made by Nick out of old fuzzy socks, buttons, etc.
This bag I made at an Enrichment night. I use it as my church bag.
This is a wreath that I did not make. My friend Missy made it and gave it to me. I just love it!
I made this family book for Molly to look through at church.
This soft Mr. Potato Head was for Molly's 1st birthday.
This was a car kit that I made. I got the idea from here.
I loved how these dresses turned out. They are both a little big for Molly but I can't wait until they fit. (I also made the matching flower bows.
A crayon caddy.
PS-One of the biggest projects was a quiet book. It deserves a post of its own. Coming Soon!



10 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, I am really impressed and wish I had an ounce of your creative juices. I can't wait to read about the quiet book!!!

Angie said...

Oh, yeah, and I have to ask - is that wreath made out of pinto beans? It looks really cool.

Sarah Sidwell said...

yep pinto beans. cute huh!

Shelise said...

Way to go Sarah. Those dresses are so cute.

Nevada Woolfs said...

Wow, everything is so cute! Good job!

Leisel said...

Amazing! And you know the girl who started 'So You Think You are Crafty'? I am so jealous! ;0)

Emily said...

I'm super impressed. I don't know how you moms find the time to make things like that. I don't have kids and I'm not currently working, but still don't have (make) the time for them.

They look amazing!

Jewel said...

Cute bag. And are those painted pinto beans on that wreath?

We were very impressed with Nick's puppets when we were visiting you.

Jewel said...

I just read the comments and saw that they are pinto beans. That must be some strong glue.

Lisa said...

Love all these items! Great job!