Sunday, February 14, 2010

Be Mine



This weekend has been a lot of fun. Nick and I trade off each year on who is "in charge" of planning something for Valentines. My friend Michelle and I planned a fun time with our hubbys. Michelle and Jared came Friday night, (a surprise to both men) and we dropped the kids off at my sisters (thanks Jess), while we went out to dinner. The rest of the night we just hang out and talked. On Saturday we went to the mall for a picture scavenger hunt. Michelle had made fortune cookies. In each cookie was something we had to find and take a picture of. It was really fun. (the 3 couples were competing...us, the bodilys and jensens.)
"Something Sweet" "Sentimental Words" "Kissing" and "A ring like yours" were just a few of the things we had to find.
Then we went back to the house and the kids played. After a yummy taco soup for lunch the Bodily's headed home. About an hour later my friend Amanda and her family came to visit. I hadn't seen her since I was pregnant with Molly, so it was really fun to catch up. We watched the movie FireProof and then babysat my nephews so my sister could have a date. What a great weekend!! I used to not really appreciate Valentines Day, but now I love it! It reminds me again how blessed I am to have such a great husband, baby, family and friends. Life is good to us!

2 comments:

Emily said...

The picture scavenger hunt sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to try that sometime.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Jewel said...

Good kissing pic Nick.