Friday, January 29, 2010

Sick & New Toys

Well I have been shut in the last 24 hours with the stomach flu. YUCK! I hate being sick! One thing that I was thinking of as I knelt over my toilet puking (sorry if this is too descriptive) is how thankful I am to not be working. I remember all to well the days that I would wake up sick in the middle of the night and the whole night stress about who I was going to get for a sub, and if my lesson plans were understandable, and if I should just go in with a bucket to puke in....The only thing I worried about this time was when Nick would be home to take Molly. What a difference. Anyway, I have always been thankful to be a stay at home mom, but today I was reminded again. (PS- Nick woke up about 6 am sick too so I think we will all be in our PJ's all day)

On a lighter note, Molly got so many fun toys for Christmas and her birthday. She especially loves this piano. It is too cute to watch her play it!
It is so funny though will all these new toys she still loves her books the most. This is how I usually find her.
I thought this one was cute reaching into her toy basket. She actually fell in, but I wasn't fast enough getting the camera to capture it.
Last weekend my brother and his family came and stayed. We had a great time watching movies, eating pizza, and relaxing. Molly also went sledding for the first time. I think she liked it, but wasn't sure about the cold. Her poor teeth were chattering by the time we left.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, Molly looks so much like a mini Sarah in that last photo! It's kind of surreal, seeing Nick holding a shrunken version of his wife. Made me laugh!

The Wynn Family said...

So fun! I am so surprised that Molly doesn't rip the pages of those books. We were hoping to take Kam sledding this year, but so far we have had no snow. Spokane winters who knew!

-Yaerli Hatch said...

Sounds like alot of Fun!!!!

whitneys said...

i hope you are all feeling better!

Missy said...

oh no! I'm sorry you were feeling sick! Thats no fun at all!

Jen said...

Molly is so cute! And so much hair-how fun- Miss Grace is jealous!! I also think she is looking a little like Uncle Joseph in that last picture.