Sunday, January 17, 2010

Our lil' cupcake turned ONE!


Well I survived my baby turning one...just barely! It has been a fun and special weekend. Molly turned one on Friday, but we didn't have a party until Saturday. On Friday night we decided to have the Jensen's over and let Molly try her first cupcake. She was seriously SO EXCITED! She LOVED it! However within about 5 min. after eating it she broke out in hives all over. It got me nervous because she had never had a reaction that fast. We watched her and about an hour later the rash was gone. Needless to say, the next day at her party we tried the cupcake without frosting, which went by much better. We had a fun little party with family and a few friends at the church. We ate, visited, watched a short movie I made of Molly, and opened presents. Thank you to all who took the time to come. It meant so much to us and it was so fun to see everyone.
Tomorrow is my birthday. Any guesses on how old I will be?!?
The cupcake bouquet I made
.
Molly's grandpa's after the big event.

7 comments:

Shermilton said...

So cute. Thanks for posting this-- it helped me feel closer! The grandpas are so funny!!

Tiffany said...

What a fun birthday! I think first birthdays are so bitter sweet. So Isaac and I just can't even stand how adorable Molly is. Those pictures in your header are SO cute. She looks just like a little doll!

Tiffany said...

Oh yeah...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Love you!

Auntie M said...

We had a fun time. It is always tender times as you watch your children grow and develop. It is a fun ride but often tugs at your tender emotions. She is so cute and we really appreciate you sharing her with us.

Jewel said...

I'm glad you got your camera out when you saw the Grandpas on the couch. Hey, aren't we all worn out by Saturday?
Where is the video of her?

Jen said...

She is so precious! Congrats on surviving that first birthday- I feel like Ben should be that age still and he turns 8 tomorrow!!

Nevada Woolfs said...

Aren't grandpas the best?! Love that picture! Although, Neil does that quite often also...must be the gray hair! Happy Birthday Molly! Also love the cupcake bouquet...how did you get them to stay like that?