Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Mom Degree

I should have got a degree in being a mom.  Who would have thought that something as simple as feeding your baby could be so hard?  Today I tried to give Molly carrots and wow, what a mess.  I really did try to get it in her mouth.  She made some pretty funny faces though.  

Last week was so much fun!  We started off the week going to bear lake for some camping with our friends the Hardings.  It was SO nice and SO relaxing.  Thanks Hardings for going with us!  Then upon arriving home the Sidwell's were here to visit.  We spent time playing games, watching movies, and visiting.  We LOVE when Nick's family comes.  Molly took a little while to get used to new people.  In a way I love that she is clingy to me, but I feel bad that she won't go to others sometimes.  Sorry Nana and Papa-Molly does love you!  
Then off we went on Thursday to Lagoon and to a cabin for the Whitehead reunion.  It was SO great to be together as a family!!  Joseph's family came from Iowa and so we were all together.  We went to a lake, had a talent show, played games, had a family kick-ball game, and just enjoyed time around the campfire.  THANKS family for being who you are!  We LOVE you!  
After all the business and not being in our beds I was worried Molly would have a hard time adjusting to being home, but she slept SO GOOD when we got home.  She woke up to eat at 4:30 and then slept until 10 am.  It was heavenly!    

8 comments:

Angie said...

Man, Molly's eyes are SO BEAUTIFUL! That first picture really captures them.

It sounds like you guys have been having a ton of fun adventures. What a great summer! I'm glad Molly slept well for you when you got back. Hopefully she'll start sleeping all night long soon. ;-)

Nevada Woolfs said...

Molly is so darling! What a cutie and very photogenic! Sounds like you guys are having a fun-filled summer. We miss you!

whitneys said...

I can't believe how big molly is getting!! She is a doll! Looks like a ton of fun!

Encore Dance said...

ilove that she is waving in that last pic. She is so cute!

Julia Armstrong said...

She is Oh So Cute!!! Carrots are a lot of fun. They make fun orange messes everywhere! Congrats on the house too! We did move in to our place and we love it! Nothing like having your own space with your own stuff. Congrats!

Shelise said...

Yes, feeding is harder than it looks. haha. I'm not really looking forward to it and its coming upon me pretty quick here.

Do you make your own baby food? If not all of it, maybe some of it? I want to try making some things with Cannon I just dont know what to do. If you do make it, do you have any tips?

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

It looks like you guys are having such a fun summer! Molly is getting so big. She is absolutely adorable!

I know how you feel about being frustrated with a photographer!! Kaitlin is also such a smiley baby, but her last pictures didn't show her true smiling face! Molly still looks so cute in her pictures!

Chad, Natalie, Russell, and Autumn said...

It sounds like you guys are having so much fun. I really like feeding Russell but it is messy.
I have tried carrots like 100 times and they are just a no-go with that kid. But bring on the sweet potatos!
I wish I could say the same for Russell's sleeping habbits for and after our trip.