Sunday, August 23, 2009

WEt PaiNt- weT pAInT!

Painting the doors
Molly wanting to help spackle

This weekend has also been busy with one other thing...WET PAINT!  We decided to save a few thousand and paint our own house.  What a project!  It actually went really well and we are thankful to have it done.  (other than the touch-ups that we will be doing tomorrow)  It looks so great and I am really happy with it.  I am however, so sore today.  We couldn't have done it without the help of my family.  THANKS!  THANKS!  THANKS!!!  It mean so much to us that you would come and help.  My sister Jess, brother in law Bart, brother John, and parents all came to help.  Dad watched Molly so I could be helping and everyone else got down and dirty.  We did the whole house in 2 tone paint.  It looks beautiful.  I thought I got more pictures, but I guess not.  I will try to get more tomorrow when I touch up.  Until then, here are some pictures of the paint crew.  I didn't get one with my mom and dad, but they helped a TON!  Thanks again family.  We are so blessed!

9 comments:

-Yaerli Hatch said...

That is So cool!!! When is your house supposed to be totally finished?

-Yaerli Hatch said...

That is So cool!!! When is your house supposed to be totally finished?

Sarah Sidwell said...

Mid October Mid October

Chad, Natalie, Russell, and Autumn said...

That is geat that you are already to painting! How are Molly's spackling skills?

Nick Sidwell said...

she needs more practice than we though. I now have too many touch ups but she is still in the family... for now.

Nevada Woolfs said...

Good job guys! You'll love it all the more because you did it yourself!

Leisel said...

Wow! Great job!

Shermilton said...

Thank goodness for family!!! Your home is looking great!

Green's said...

Hey Sarah! I'm finally peeking in! I find that I don't check out the private blogs as much as I do the public ones.

I hope your new home will really be ready by October! How fun to have a new house!

Molly is such a doll!