Saturday, March 14, 2009

P90X




Before I had a baby, I thought it was weird that everyones blogs were all about their kids and nothing else, but now that I have a baby, it is all I want to post about.  Probibly because the baby brings so much joy.  So this post will have baby, but it will also have what Nick and I have been up to.  

There is an added benefit to breast feeding that I didn't really know until now. ..it helps you to get your body back in shape.  I thought it would take longer, but I weigh less now then I did before I was married.  Even less then in High School.  I have to say it feels great.  I am so excited to start exercising again too.  So Nick and I decided to start doing P90X- an exercise program that is supposed to get you toned.  It is really intense, so we decided to only do it 4 times a week, but I think it will help and right now we are pretty motivated.  (hopefully that lasts longer than a week)  Another thing I need to think about is the way I eat.  Honestly I haven't been too worried about it, because when you are pregnant and then when you breast feed you can eat just about anything...that has got me into bad habits of needing sweets everyday.  Hopefully I can break that, or at least limit it.  

Here are a few pictures from this week.  Molly has her 2 month check up on Monday.  I can't wait to see how much she has grown, but I am not looking forward to her shots.  Hopefully Nick can make the appointment so he can hold her.  

10 comments:

dancin' momma said...

P90X is pretty intense, but in a weird way I really love it. It's fun to do it with Russ, and I hope you love it too!!!

Tiffany said...

Molly is so cute! That is such a cute picture of both of you, and you look GREAT Sarah! Yes, the breastfeeding is awesome as far as weight loss goes. It looks like Molly is growing up too fast already! I really hope we can see her soon!

Shelise said...

She is so cute! I love that last picture and her little grin. You look so great too. I was thinking you look really thin in these pictures and then I read what you said about your weight. I am nervous its not going to work the same as last time because with hudson I lost all my baby weight... fast! I didnt quite get down to my high school weight, but I'm thinking that if I could, I would have like 15 pair of jeans to choose from everyday. lol. That really would be a special treat. (yes, I save jeans in hopes I will one day fit into them again. haha)

Lisa said...

I've heard of P90X, but have never tried it. I am doing the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels (from The Biggest Loser). So far it's great. I wish I could be down to my High School weight! That would be AWESOME!!

The Wynn Family said...

You look great. Are you sure you need to do the program? Good Luck with it though :)

Tringali Family said...

You are lucky nursing helps you lose weight...it's not like that for everyone (like me)! Oh well. Getting back into exercising is such a great thing, I can't ever wait to get back running again after having a baby.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Molly is such a cutie! And you look GREAT! Your face looks really thin! I'm with Sharlene...breastfeeding does NOT make me lose weight. Bummer! But still worth it!

Nevada Woolfs said...

Molly is so cute, can't tell she's Nick's at all! Some of those pictures look just like him. And, yes I loved seeing that I'd lost several pounds every time I stepped on the scale...too bad that doesn't last forever!

Missy said...

The first thing I thought when I saw that picture was how great you looked, even before I read the post. We should get together this weekend. Someone's coming to paint our house, but I can't remember if it's Friday or Saturday so I'll have to let you know.

Jewel said...

Those DVDS have been a hot trend in our neighborhood- and some have had great results with them. I considered joining in- you'll have to let me know what you both think.