Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pneumonia

The new picture on top is what I made Nick for valentines. I had it printed and framed for his office. This is the card that Molly gave her daddy. (she also made one for her grandparents too)



OK-So it was a little worse than I thought...the diagnosis-Pneumonia. It has been a long two weeks! Last Monday I went to a doctor that was on call, since it was a holiday, and she didn't do anything for me. In fact she didn't even listen to my lungs. I told her that I have had a fever for 6 days so her nurse took my temp. only to show that my fever had broke. So I went home thinking it was just a virus. Tuesday night I was still so sick and not getting better but worse, so Nick called and made an appointment with my doctor for Wednesday. After taking my temp. (101 degrees), hearing about how long this has lasted and listening to my lungs he said, "You are really sick." I had some blood work done and a chest x-ray and I had Pneumonia. He got me more medicine and now I am finally on the road to recovery. Nicks mom Ali came and stayed with us on Thursday-Saturday. What a huge blessing! She did some cleaning, cooking and playing with Molly. Friends from the ward and family have all been so helpful!! We are truly so grateful!

10 comments:

Sherry Kay said...

Sarah Maye, I am so sorry to hear how sick you have been. And I know nothing is more frustrating than going to the doctor to have them tell you nothing is wrong. I'm glad you regular doctor was much more thorough. I hope you get better soon. Oh, and Molly is simply beautiful!!!

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh! Nice timing! I'm so sorry. I'm glad you are getting better though, and that you have had some help. Get well soon!

Angie said...

Cute cards! I especially love the one from Molly - what a great idea to use her footprints for the "v"!

Get well soon!

Tringali Family said...

I am sorry to hear you have Pneumonia. I am glad you have had a lot of help around.

Shermilton said...

I can't believe all of this. Are you feeling better? Is the medicine working?

Stitchnmom said...

It's so frustrating when the Doctors and nurses don't listen. I sure hope you are feeling better. By the way I absolutely love the cards you made. They are adorable.

Julie said...

My goodness Sarah! How scary!! Get better soon. You have the best family to come help.

The cards are so cute! You are so creative.

-Yaerli Hatch said...

The Picture is so CUTE!!! Hope you get better.

I'm Praying for you

The Wynn Family said...

Acadia says " your baby is too cute!" I hope that you get feeling better quickly. It is no fun being sick.

Nevada Woolfs said...

Hey guys! Hope you start feeling better soon! I hadn't had a chance to read blogs for a while and it sounds like you've had your share of sicknesses for years! You still look great though! We miss you!