Monday, May 5, 2008

More Cakes




I probably should quit posting cakes that I have made. It isn't the most interesting posts. I guess it is just exciting to me to try out a new skill. Bridget Pehrson gave me my first lesson on cake decorating, and the rest has just been practicing on my own.

This last weekend was my nephew Dallin's 4th birthday, so I used the McQueen cake pan to make a Dinico car cake for his birthday. Then the next day my brother blessed his new twins, Ethan and Noah, so I made these cakes for the dinner after the blessing. It was a lot of fun to be home and see my family. Nick wasn't able to come and I was anxious to get back home to him, so I ended up coming home 2 days earlier than I planned.

12 comments:

Shelise said...

Sarah you are awesome. These are so cute. I love CARS anyway, so I am definitely in love with this one and the lightning mcqueen one. lol.

whitneys said...

your cakes are so cute! My son would love your lightening mcqueen and dinaco cakes.

The Wynn Family said...

They looks so good! I saw the ones that you taught Natalie to make. You guys are amazing!

Tiffany said...

These are so cute! I want you to help me make Caleb's first birthday cake!
When exactly are you guys moving here? We are excited to see you again!

Sarah Sidwell said...

We will be there for sure by June second, if not the week before. Can't wait!! When is Calebs first b-day?

Leisel said...

Very talented! I love them! And thank you for coming home early. . . you are saving me today!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Garmire's said...

Those cakes are so cute! I need to learn. We're going to miss you guys! You guys are the nicest people I know!

The Whitehead Family said...

You're the greatest! I love your talent and thank you for sharing it with me. Thanks for helping me out so I could enjoy my time with Bart.

Lisa said...

I love the cake posts! You are so talented!

Seegmiller Six said...

Awesome job on the cakes - i love that you post them - I always get ideas from everyone elses cakes - you are very talented!

Tringali Family said...

Keep the cake pics coming! they are awesome!

Bridget said...

The cakes are adorable. Especially love the baby booties! Everybody loves a decorated cake. Keep the pictures coming!

Thanks for the cake lesson shout out. I am a proud teacher of your only lesson into the world of cake decorating!