Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy Anniversary

On the 7th of August, Nick and I celebrated our 10 year Anniversary!!!  Nick brought me home some beautiful flowers after work and a picture he made "The difference a day makes."  We had 2 girls from the ward come over that night and watch the girls while we went and did sealings in the temple.  We enjoyed so much time in the temple and remembering our special day.  Nick had to work the next day, so we didn't celebrate much more than that on the actual day but after work Thursday we met up in Lehi for a little get away.  I had gone to Lehi earlier in the day to take Molly to go golfing with Keith for grandparent day at the golf course.  Avey and I picked up Nick at the front runner station and went to Olive Garden for dinner.  Then we went over to my brothers house to do some PUSH therapy on Julias foot.  Then we headed to the hotel and put Avey to bed.  We stayed at Spring Hill Suites right next to Thanksgiving point.  We had a room that had a living room, so it was nice to be able to have Avey in there.  (I am still nursing so we couldn't exactly leave her.)
Engagment Photo







The next morning we dropped Avey off at my brothers house and we went to Cabellas.  Nick showed me some of the guns that he is interested in.  I showed him what I had ordered for him for an anniversary gift...that hadn't come yet.  I got him a GPS for Geo caching.  Then we went and got massages at a place in Lehi.  Then we picked up Avey and went over to my cousin Ed's house so he could show Nick some of the guns that he has built.  Around 4 we met the Sidwells at JCW's for dinner and then we all went to the motel for some swimming time.  

Saturday morning, Allison brought Molly back to the hotel really early and Nick and I went to the temple to do a session.  We had been wanting to do a session since the temple got a new video, but hadn't been able to.  The new presentation did not disappoint.  It was so nice to just sit together in the celestial room.  Usually we have to rush after a session to make it back to the kids, but it was nice to know Allison had them and they were safe and having fun.  We headed back to the motel to do some more swimming and to load up.  Then the kids went with Allison to Eagle Mountain and Nick and I headed to Provo for lunch.  We ate at another Italian place that was really good.  Did a bit of shopping and I got a pedicure.  Then we went to the Hale Theater to see Guys and Dolls.  Last, we headed back to Eagle Mountain for dessert with Keith, Ali, and the kids.  It was such a fun weekend and I was surprised at how I was able to just relax.  It felt so good to just be us for a bit.














Nick got ma 3 stackable rings for our anniversary.  One with garnets (mine and Mollys birthstone), one with sapphires (Nicks birthstone) and one with rubies (Avey's birthstone).  BUT it is still at the jewelers.  Since the stones are almost all the way around the band we had to have it special made to fit my small fingers.  I can't wait to get it though to always remember 10 years!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

10 years? Wow! Happy Anniversary to some of our favorite people on the Earth. We love you guys!

Angie said...

I love the ring idea! That is really cool. Happy Anniversary, you two!

Shermilton said...

Awesome!! So fun and great job Nick!!