Thursday, January 19, 2012

14 Weeks and FINALLY telling


This has been a LONG 14 weeks!! I am Pregnant and finally feel like I can tell someone. Because of a miscarriage at 10 week along several years ago and because it takes us so long to get pregnant, I have the hardest time telling anyone until I'm pretty far along, but yesterday we went in to see the baby and everything is going great! I couldn't be more thankful! We have been trying to have a baby for almost 2 years when we found out we were expecting. We had requested the prayers and fasts of our family and friends and the Lord answered those prayers. I started feeling sick right away...that is actually what clued me in before anything else. I was laying in bed one night not feeling well and asked Nick if he thought i might be pregnant. We are so used to late cycles, negative pregnancy tests, etc. that it didn't really cross my mind that I might actually be pregnant. The next morning, still not feeling well, I thought, what the heck, take a test just to rule it out as the reason i wasn't feeling good. What??? Positive!!! I couldnt even wait a hour before texting Nick and asking him if we were busy sometime in the middle of July. He called me to ask why and I told him. Then came the waiting...puking...sleeping...puking...doctors appointment...on hormone medication again...puking. It has been hard, but easier than it was when I was pregnant with Molly, thanks to my parents, Nick and Molly, and a wonderful drug called zophran. Still don't feel great, but I am starting to get a little energy back and I havent thrown up for about 2 weeks. My pants are already tight. (something that didn't happen until about 20 weeks with Molly...don't worry we made sure there was only one in there, im just getting bigger faster) I have no cravings and many adversions to food. Nick and I are thankful to be expecting and Molly seems to be excited as well. She keeps hugging my stomach and kissing it too. In her prayers she always blesses the baby.

9 comments:

Jessica Jensen said...

yea! We are so glad at our house!

Emily said...

Congratulations!!! Hope you get to the feeling better part soon.

Shelise said...

Congratulations. This is so wonderful to hear.

-Yaerli Hatch said...

That is soooo cute! I can't wait!

Shermilton said...

i loved the pix (and BUMP AHEAD sign) take more pix pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.


from trinalee

Angie said...

Hooray, hooray, HOORAY! I am thrilled for you guys!!! That is fantastic news. I am sorry you have been sick, but happy it's not as bad as it was with Molly, and of course happy because of what it signifies. You and Nick are so, so deserving and I couldn't be happier. !!!!!

Tringali Family said...

Congrats! That is very exciting for you guys!

Jewel said...

So happy the word is out!

The Wynn Family said...

Yeah!!!! We are so excited for you. Another beautiful Sidwell, Wahoo!