Saturday, January 8, 2011

Still Sick & Party

Molly hasn't really gotten better since the last post. For about a month she hasn't been great. She did get a little better for about a week...although that is when I had the stomach flu...but durning Christmas and New Years she was sick again. So finally Wednesday I took her to the doctor. He thought that it is just a virus, but gave us an antibiotic because of fluid in her ears. After 2 days of the antibiotic, this is what we began to see.
The poor girl has had a constant cough, sore throat, drainage and fever and now spots. We now know she is allergic to penicillin. She is on a new antibiotic now so we are hoping for some improvement.

My mom and dad came up for a birthday party for Molly this weekend. (It is a week early but we planned the party while my dad needed to be up north for a doctors appointment) I felt so bad because she was still sick but It was just what she needed to cheer her up. She had a princess party. She LOVED the cake, stickers, badge and present from grandma and grandpa Whitehead.
We didn't want her to blow out the candles on the cake and infect everyone so I just held them. She really liked blowing them out.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Poor thing. I hope she can get feeling better soon.

Shelise said...

Oh man, I can't believe her legs! Looks pretty miserable. Hopefully things start looking up. Having sick kids is seriously the worst. There's so much they don't understand and they think you're just being mean. So sad. Here's so a more happy January

Tiffany said...

Oh that rash is sad! Caleb is allergic to penicillin too, with pretty much the same looking rash. Not fun!

I don't know if this is worth mentioning - but the little boy of some friends of ours was getting sick all the time. They finally took him to a homeopathic doctor and found out he was allergic to a LOT of the stuff he was eating. Because of that his immune system was really suffering.

I can't believe Molly is two already! She is looking so grown up. I so wish we could watch her grow up in person. We sure miss you guys! We were just talking the other day about how bad we wish we could see you all the time.

The Leonards said...

I feel so bad for her! Jackson just recently had an ear infection and after 5 days of the medicine he started to get hives too! He is on day two of the benadryl and is fianlly looking better. How strange our kids got sick with the exact same things at the same time. I hope she feels better!

whitneys said...

poor little one! i hope she starts getting better soon. I remember you having a cake just like hers!!!

Jewel said...

Sad Rash. Cute Cake!.