Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happenings


Molly turned 2!! My baby is growing up. On her real birthday we didn't do much except go out to dinner and play on her new sled, (which she LOVED) but on Sunday, Nana and Papa Sidwell came and we had a party. She loved her 2nd cake...a Thomas cake. We had a great time playing games and eating and visiting.
Molly has been feeling much better! She is eating again and smiling and is back to being herself.

At 2 years old
*Says too many things to write. She is pretty easy to understand and usually uses please and thank you.
*loves Mickey Mouse, Thomas, Percy, Elmo, Boo, Tinkerbell and Snow White.
*loves to color, play with her toys and dance around
*likes to go to nursery
*is off the charts now for weight...we are working on that, but at her 2 year appointment she was only 20 lbs. (She was 18 at her 1st year appointment)
*she likes to watch mickey mouse clubhouse
*loves to play with her cousins
*likes to cuddle and "rocky rocky" before bed
*sleeps through the night
*loves baths with bubbles

It was also my birthday this week. I celebrated by trying to start potty training. Who knew it would be so hard. I guess it made for a disappointing day because I cleaned up more accidents then I ever hoped to, but I'm still trying. I feel like potty training is a lot like breast feeding. Neither of you quite know what to do to make things successful. I really had no idea it would be this challenging. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great job on the cake! That is awesome and it looks yummy.

Molly is adorable, and a lightweight! Ella weighs more than she does. She sounds so smart for her age -- already talking so much and getting potty trained! I wish we knew her better in real life. :)

I hope you had a Happy Birthday! We need to talk soon. :)

Shelise said...

That cake is SO cute! Wow, I can't believe that she's 2. I love her sled. My boys would love something like that. Happy Birthday to you too. I'm glad Molly is feeling better those last pics of her looked so miserable.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion on potty training but can I give it anyway? Okay, thanks. lol. Don't try until she's totally ready to do so (closer to 3 yrs.) otherwise there will be messes and it won't happen very fast.

I know all kids are different, but the more I talk to people that is the best method. It seems like a lot of people THINK that kids are supposed to potty train at 2 but in reality most kids are closer three years old when THEY are actually potty trained. At 2 its usually the parent thats trained to remind the kid all the time... or clean up messes. I tried at 2 and it just wasn't happening but when I waited until he was closer to three it happened FAST.

I'm hoping that came across the right way. Of course its just my opinion and you can take it or leave it but for me the advice to wait made my life a lot easier. So... good luck with whatever you decide to do. Miss you.

Emily said...

Um, potty training is not the way to celebrate your birthday. I hope you had some special you-time as well :)

Happy Birthday Sidwell girls!