Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


My thoughts have been all over the place the last few days as we prepare for Christmas. I just love this time of year. Right now it is lightly snowing. How Beautiful! Today I am really missing my grandma. She passed away last January so this will be my first christmas that I can remember without her. I made carrot cookies today because they make me remember her. Each year at Christmas she would invite us kids over to make cookies. We always did carrot cookies and sugar cookies.
Nick spent the morning making sushi. That is one taste he must have got from his Japanese side, but one that I don't share. He did find someone to eat it with him. (our nephew Dallin)
This last week Molly has kept us busy as she has learned to crawl up the stairs and is getting really fast. I still don't trust her to do it alone. Too paranoid that she will fall. She has been sleeping so good the last 2 nights. In fact, I think I got the longest uninterrupted sleep the last 2 nights then I did before Molly was born. (Now if only Nick would sleep through the night!)
One of our traditions is to get a bouquet of Christmas flowers each year. These are the ones from this year. They brighten my day!!
I made this ornament with Molly for her "first Christmas" ornament. On the other side in gold marker it has her name and year. I think I will make a small angel ornament for our angel baby in heaven. A few more traditions to go and soon Santa will be on his way. Tomorrow our plan is to make tamales. On the 24th, off to brunch with the Sidwell's and then to Price for Christmas Eve dinner at Grandpas! Can't wait!!!

7 comments:

whitneys said...

what a great way to remember your grandma. it will be my first christmas w/out my grandma too. my family and extended family all wrote down our favorite christmas memories of her. i love molly's ornament! have a great christmas!

Emily said...

You have been very busy. I love the hand-print ornament. It is so cute!

Nevada Woolfs said...

Merry Christmas you guys! we miss and love you!

Diamonds said...

I love the ornament. How did you make it? Happy New Year!

Green's said...

Christmas is...traditions! Umm, carrot cooks sound delish. I've never had them, I'll have to try to make them someday.

Molly is adorable - can't believe she's crawling, and will soon be 1 year old!

Stitchnmom said...

Love the handprint ornament! There's just something about flowers that help the brighten the day!

Jewel said...

I like the ornament. It is a good idea to make one for Cherish.