Sunday, September 13, 2009

Just some thoughts

This last week has been pretty busy. I am the enrichment leader in our ward and we had our quarterly enrichment meeting. In this ward they have a tradition of doing a service, dinner and craft night, so it actually went from 5:30-11:00pm. (We were actually there until 12:30 though) When I got my calling there were only 2 people on the board and it was sort of hard and stressful planning the whole event. I recruited some ward friends to help out and they were LIFESAVERS! About a week before the event they called 4 more members and they just hopped right in and totally helped too. The night turned out successful. We had a speaker from the institute, dinner, a service auction and 3 different crafts along with a cake decorating demo. Lots to organize and I am so thankful for all those that helped. I can't believe how much that consumed my week last week and I am glad it is done.

My sister Jess that lives here had knee surgery this week too. She has had her mother in law here helping, but I tried to run up and help whenever I could. This week I plan to can peaches, raspberry jam, and stewed tomatoes.

I am on staff this year at "Time Out for Women" on USU campus and have 1 ticket left for $5.00. (it is normally $65) The first one who comments that they want it, it is all yours. (I may have two, but I am waiting on a friend to let me know if she is for sure coming) I am a little nervous about leaving Molly for so many hours. Yes I am still nursing, so I will do that at out lunch breaks, but I think I will struggle going that long without seeing her. Sounds a little pathetic, but true. When we had our enrichment Friday, so was with her dad from 4:40-12:30 and I only came home to feed her and put her to bed. I missed her so bad that when she woke up in the night, I went right in and nursed her, even though she didn't really need to. Do any of you moms out there know how I feel. I hear it gets easier leaving them, but I still struggle.

Speaking of Molly, she did the cutest thing the other night. She found her shadow and kept trying to grab it. She also started putting her face in the water at her bath time and blows bubbles. It is so fun.

Today we went to the house and we now have lights, light fixtures, carpet, toilets and sinks, a garage door, and sidewalks. It is getting so close I just can't wait!!

Last-yesterday we went hiking with some friends and I slipped and fell. Smack! I think I may have bruised my tailbone. Ouch!

10 comments:

Joe'n'Jess said...

Molly is so adorable. I'm glad your enrichment activity is OVER!!! I'm sure you did great. Give the family our love.
We probably won't be able to make it for TOFW though.

Shermilton said...

I love the house, birthday and pigtail pics. I'm glad the big event is over and that it was successful. Can't wait to see you in 4 days!!!

Tiffany said...

I wish I could go to that, but with a newborn it would probably be impossible!

I know how you feel about leaving Molly. Its so hard - when we had to leave Caleb while I was in the hospital with Ella, I couldn't think of anything but him. I'm not so sure it gets easier!

Can't wait to see your house!!!

Missy said...

I want it!!

What day is it though? I can't remember.

Chad, Natalie, Russell, and Autumn said...

Oh the fun things that are going on! Sounds like you are having too much fun. We can't wait to see you guys. Maybe Molley can teach Russell how to crawl.
He saw his shadow the other night when I was holding him outside by the side of the house he wanted it.

Green's said...

I was on the enrichment committe in Lincoln, NE. My friends would always complain if any activity went over 90 minutes, and many would just leave. How did you get the sisters to stay for so long? Wow - you are a trooper to plan that much all in one night and then make it all happen. It's lots of work entertaining women in RS and then half never come and don't appreciate all the time you put into it. I've decided that I DON'T like to entertain women and enrichment is not one of my desired callings. But you Sarah, are great at it and made a wonderful RS 1st counselor!

Diamonds said...

Sarah, I'm so happy for you and Nick. I love your house and your baby girl.

Jewel said...

I am sure that Molly misses you as well when you are away. Or at least the milk. But time with Daddy is healthy :)

Diamonds said...

I have a Nikon D60! Someday we will get Photoshop and I will learn how to do cool things with my pics. Hope all is well. P.S. We're expecting a little one too...in May. Right now, it's the size of a little blueberry :)

Encore Dance said...

You are so great! I was on the committee but hardly did anything and they released me and put me in the primary presidency! Serves me right for not magnifying my calling! Molly is so cute! I'm totally different with Wyler than I was with Tatum. She was on a strict schedule and Wyler eats whenever. I'm paying for it now because he won't sleep through the night and I have to let him cry a little. It'll be a rough week.