Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes on Prop 8: California's Gay Marriage Ban Passes

Wow! The last 24 hours have been pretty intense in our country. We have been praying that the ban on Gay Marriages would pass and we are thankful that it did!!! It was however, a very close battle. I don't really like to show my political views, but I know that in general conference we were encouraged to stand up for our beliefs. This is one thing that I feel VERY strongly about! Marriage between a man and woman is ordained of God!! I also fear a little for our country with the recent presidential election, but know that if we are on the Lords side, WE WILL WIN. So what do we do from here? I plan to pray for our country and leaders, try my best to do what is right, and stand in holy places, & stand up for my beliefs with issues in the media like Prop. 8. We all need to do our part.

3 comments:

themickel said...

I was really glad to see it pass as well.

You know, I think if you give Obama a chance you'll see he's not as bad as you think. I know saying this in Utah is just as bad as slandering the church, but I really feel this way.

Tiffany said...

I am SO glad it passed. We just saw that there are hundreds of protesters outside of the LA temple right now. It's so sad - especially since the LDS church wasn't the only one against gay marriage. They were part of a coalition of a bunch of other churches. Just goes to show you that our church is true and that's why it's under such an attack right now.

Emily said...

We are also very grateful!