Monday, October 13, 2008

Travels


This weekend we traveled 7 hours one way to attend the baptism of my niece Trinalee. We left Friday and went to Price for the night to break up the trip a bit. Then Saturday we ventured the rest of the way to Monticello. We had a wonderful time gathering and visiting as family. We missed my brother Joseph and his family, but everyone else from the family was there, including grandma and grandpa Echer and Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Jim. One of the funny things about the trip was my niece Caroline. They allowed all the kids to go up around the font when the children were being baptized. Right in the middle of another kids baptism, Caroline dropped a penny in the font. She immediately yelled "Oh, no! I dropped my penny, I dropped my penny. Can you grab that for me please. My penny." Needless to say, they stopped the prayer, grabbed her penny and started over. It was pretty funny. Trinalee looked like an angel. She has such a sweet spirit and you could tell she was so happy. I was glad we made the trip even though my back is killing.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh the joys of traveling while pregnant! All I can say is that a chiropractor will be your best friend if you go to one! :) Your little niece is darling, you guys are such a nice aunt and uncle to drive all that way to support her. I'm sad we can't make it up there to see you guys yet, but don't give up on us! :) We love you guys!

The Whitehead Family said...

Well I guess someone had to record that incident for history's sake! I wrote about it in my own journal.
The love of money can cause people to do things without thinking first huh.