Thursday, March 20, 2008

Utah Trip Recap

This week has been spring break for Nick and I so we headed up to Utah for my grandmas 80th birthday.


It was a blast to be with my family. Everyone was there except for Joseph's family because the twins are still too small to be in public. We had a great dinner and program of skits of our favorite memory with grandma. As promised here is a picture of the cake.


It turned out more "cheesy" then I hoped, but everyone loved it. I thought it looked like a cake for a kids party, but it was the first one I had ever tried stacked. I haven't taken a class, just watched others and checked out books from the library, so I'm sure I will improve with practice. Anyway, after the party, we went to Salt Lake and stayed with Joseph, Jessie and the twins for 2 days. It was a lot of fun to visit, relax and cuddle those babies. The twins, Noah and Ethan are doing well. Ethan has had a heart problem, but the doctors think with time, it will repair itself. They are precious. It has given me a greater appreciation for my brother and sister in law. Twins are much harder than just one. They have a great attitude though.


After leaving Salt Lake, we headed to Yardly Inn and Spa. It is a place we went the first night of our honeymoon. When we lost our baby, the Mickels, Bodily's and Askeroth's (friends from Cedar) got us a gift certificate to Yardly Inn for some relaxing time. Thanks guys!! It was just what we needed. Yesterday we drove to Cedar and started looking for a place to live when we move back in a few months. We will miss our friends here, but we are excited to be with our friends in Cedar again. Fun stuff.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sarah, that cake turned out great! You could make wedding cakes for people and make big bucks, I'm serious! We loved seeing you guys yesterday in St. George, and can't wait until you guys move up here again. And we really hope you will be our neighbors! "Won't you be mine? Won't you be mine? Won't you be my neighbor?!" Okay that was pretty lame, I know, but it just popped into my head. Ha ha. We miss you guys already!

Jewel said...

I'm glad you did some relaxing, and returned home safely.

Jewel said...

P.S. The cake was SO pretty. I saw it. And ate some. It was good too but Sarah has had the cooking thing down for a long time.

Lisa said...

I think the cake looks wonderful! ...and your nephews are precious :)

Wait - You're moving!!! Oh no! I mean, I'm so happy for you, but sad for me. I will miss you. It was so great working with you in primary and now I never get to see you. I'll just have to keep in touch by bloging :)

Shelise said...

Sounds like a fun trip. The cake turned out awesome. You are so talented. Those babies ARE precious.

Yardley Inn huh? I will forever love that place. Im glad you got to go. It is so relaxing and enjoyable. Kyle and I always talk about going back. Hopefully we will someday.

Seegmiller Six said...

Sounds like a great trip! THe cakes are great - I'm really impressed with your skills. and I can't believe you are moving! YOu and nick will be really missed. (I'm glad I found your blog - now I can peek at your life when you leave :)

Bridget said...

Well done, Sarah. The cake turned out so well. Your picture with your Grandma is very cute.

Tringali Family said...

Great job on the cake, I am impressed! And you haven't even taken a class yet! We will sure miss you guys.

Lindy said...

That sounds like such a fun trip, and nice break. Your cakes are so impressive. I wish we lived closer so you could teach me!

Speaking of Cedar City, did I tell you that my little sister Cali is there going to SUU?