Monday, March 24, 2008

Still a kid


No I didn't say steal a kid. :) (although he is pretty cute) This last weekend since we had some time off we took our little friend Max to the park to play. His mom just had identical twin sisters a few months ago, and she needed a rest, so we picked up Max to play for a while. I am always amazed when I watch Nick with kids. He is so good with them!! Max especially likes him. He copies everything Nick does. If Nick is around, it's like I don't exisit in Max's eyes. That is usually OK with me, because I love to hold the twins while Nick plays anyway. So we bought some bubbles and a rocket toy and played. The weather has been so nice!! (around 78-85 degrees) I love days like this!
Then on Saturday morning we went with some friends to Red Rock to hike. I may get in trouble with our Vegas friends for saying this, but Red Rock is nothing compared to the parks in Utah. Everyone here loves to go to Red Rock Canyon because it is "so beautiful" and it is nice-one of the nicer parts of Vegas, but nothing too exciting. (maybe it was talked up too much) It was however, a fun hike that even had a small waterfall at the end.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Isaac took me to Red Rock the first time he took me home with him. He was disappointed that I wasn't too impressed by it. Compared to parts of Utah, that's nothing! However, I am VERY jealous that you are having 85 degree weather! That's one thing Vegas has that Cedar just can't compete with. :-(

Angie said...

It sounds like you guys are having fun! How cool that you took your friends' kid out for the day - I bet she really appreciated that.

Jessica Jensen said...

I am glad you had a good weekend.

The Wynn Family said...

Okay, So I kind of agree with you on Red Rock but, have you tried, Valley of Fire yet or better yet when you have free weekend we will take you to the Narrows at Lake Mead that should cure you of the Nevada hiking woes! Just let me know, Acadia has been asking when she can see her teacher again!

Tringali Family said...

Danielle has it right, Valley of Fire is so much more amazing than Red Rock, but is a bit more of a drive. You guys are so nice to take Max out for the afternoon, if you ever need any other kids to take out, ours are available;) hahahaha

Jewel said...

I'm jealous of the weather. The sun is here, but so is the chilly wind.
You two are so heaven sent for Max and his family!