Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day Weekend

On Friday we had some friends from Cedar City come up to Salt Lake, so we met them at the Lion house for dessert and then to their motel for a swim.  Only the pool closed early so we ended up just hanging out in their motel and catching up.  It was truly so fun!  I love friends that pass the test of time. We don't see them often, but they are sweet friends-The Askeroths.  Love you guys!

We were blessed to spend the rest of the weekend with my mom and dad.  We met up with them at noon at This is the Place Park and mom brought a yummy lunch.  then we looked around, saw the baby animals again and enjoyed the train ride.  When we got back we had dinner and got the girls to bed.  Then mom and dad babysat so Nick and I could have a much needed date night.  It seems like forever since we have been able to have a date and it was so much fun!!  We went to Lagoon with our season passports and went on all the rides we wanted just us.  We even held hands. ;)

Today we enjoyed a yummy breakfast and Nick got me a coupon for 3 full PUSH sessions.  Can't wait to redeem that!  We got the girls ready and then headed to church.  We snapped this quick shot with me, my girls and my mom.  I love to celebrate motherhood.  I also am sensitive to those mothers who have lost a child as we miscarried, and to those who have never been able to bear children, after our own infertility journey.  Being a mother is my greatest blessing!!  Not a day to beat myself up for not being the perfect mother, but to celebrate the opportunity I have to have my two girls!!  After church we had dinner and little bite sized fruit pizzas.  Such a fun weekend!!



0 comments: