Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Jason Bjorn Crowther

Last week a friend of mine passed away.  Jason and I met while I was living in Nauvoo.  They had a dance at the Academy and he asked me to dance.  He asked for my phone number that night and a few weeks later we were "dating."  Jason and I dated even after I left Nauvoo and until he left on his mission.  (for about a year)  He was a very kind and generous person.  That is something about him I will never forget.

I was pretty disturbed with the news of his passing as it was a suiside.  He had been struggling with depression for a long time...even before I met him and he took his own life, leaving a wife and 3 young boys.  Jessica and I went to the funeral in Saratoga Springs last Monday.  It was really heartbreaking.  I have to remind myself that he was sick.  Thoughts and prayers still go out to his family.