Monday, November 5, 2012

Homes & Moves

We are mostly packed. Everyday this week I will just add the things that are left over, but I feel like I'm on schedule. Just for memory sake we have moved a lot since we have been married.  Just wanted to record them:

1.  A Levitt apartment in Cedar City. It was #7 and one of my favorite places we have lived.  Nick worked for the Levitt's the summer before we got married and they gave us a great deal on this place to make sure it didn't flood.  It was a basement apt. And had been flooded in the past. It had all been fixed, but they didn't want to rent it out until they knew for sure it wouldn't flood.  So we got this all redone two bedroom apartment for $199 a month!!

2.  Also a Levitt place just a few blocks from the first one.  The number on the door was B4.  It was a one bedroom. We met some of our best friends, the Askeroth’s while living there.  I also got to live by another close friend Amanda Frandsen.  While we lived in this place I was in the RS Presidency of a student ward.  I think we paid around $200 a month for this place too since it also had a history of flooding. 

 3.  Lehi-John’s basement.  The summer before we left for Grad school, Nick worked for Ivory Homes with my brother and we lived in their basement.  All of our stuff was housed in Cedar City at our friends, the Mickel’s garage.  Such a fun summer!  I did a little tutoring job.  We loved building memories with my brothers family.

4. 1000 American Pacific Dr. in Henderson NV.  We lived in this one bedroom apartment and paid close to $1000 a month.  It was on the second floor.  I remember Nick, Mom and Joseph moving us in in August with 117 degree weather.  We loved spending time in the pool and hot tub there as well as the gym.  We didn't have cable TV so I would exercise when Smallville was on so I could watch it.  We made close friends here like the Johnson’s, Woolfs, Mayers, Coxes, Pehrsons, and Wynns among others.  I taught 2nd grade while Nick taught art at Abracadoodle and went to school. I also tutored and served in the Primary presidency.  It was at this address that we found out we were finally expecting our first baby.  It was at this address that I lost our first baby.  We found out we were pregnant again the week before moving from this address.  

5.  Back to Cedar City for 3 month while Nick did an internship.  We lived in some friends house that was really nice, but most of my memories were throwing up from my pregnancy.  I did enjoy spending time with the Mickel’s and Askeroth’s again.  

6.  Logan Blackhawk Condo.  We only paid $550 a month for the 2 bed 2 bath condo with a one car garage.  We loved this little place.  Jessica found it for us and we moved in without ever seeing it.  Good memories here.  This is where we brought Molly home from the hospital to.  Loved our little ward and our friends the Hardings.  

7.  Our first home!  489 W. 900 N.  My dream home!  We moved in when Molly was 9 months.  We picked everything out with this house from floor to ceiling and really loved living there.  We landscaped our own yard and this was a home that truly felt peaceful all the time.  At this time Nick worked for Cache School District and I served as RS President of our ward.  First year we paid $925 a month and refinanced the second year and paid $831 a month.  Loved being so close to my sister Jessica and her family!

8.  Mom and Dad’s in Price Utah.  We lived here for free...minus our groceries.  We started in the basement and a few months later found I was pregnant again.  So excited...So sick.  Mom took care of all the cooking and watched Molly until I was better.  I taught a music class while living there.  Mom and I took turns cooking when I was better.  We were so blessed to be able to live here while we sold our home in Logan.  Lots of fun!

9.  Our current address...for 6 more days.  The Hansen home in Price.  We rented this 5 bed 2 bath home for $700 a month.  Ryan and Lindsey Hansen were awesome landlords and we loved living in this home.  It was the home we brought our Avenley home to.  Molly had her own room in the basement.  We made great friends in the 5th ward including the Hansens, Behunins, and Richardsons.  Molly loved dance from Miss Julia.  

10.  325 E. 100 N. will be our next address.  It is an older duplex with lots of room.  When we learned we would be moving to Davis county, Farmington felt the most like home so that is where we looked.  We will be paying $900 a month for a 3 bed 2 bath and hope to make it home.  

Something I have learned from all these moves:
 I HATE to pack and unpack.
There are wonderful people everywhere.  
The church is strong wherever you go.
Any place can be made into a home. 
The most important thing is family.
Budget trucks are usually the cheapest.
Apple boxes are the most sturdy.

2 comments:

Jessica Jensen said...

Love those apple boxes... Judith had a good find huh!

Shelise said...

We still miss you guys. I'm so sad that we never got to see you while you lived in Price. Maybe we should plan something after you guys move again. I want to meet your sweet baby.