Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend


We celebrated early.

Friday the Sidwell's came up for the evening. Allison gave me a Family Home Evening book that she compiled. Can't wait to use it tonight. They also watched Molly while Nick and I went to an EQ party. It was a lot of fun and nice to just relax and visit with people from the ward. (when I say relax, I loved attending and not being in charge of the activity)

Saturday I surprised Nick with a family date to Dowtona Springs. It was the anniversary of 8 years since he proposed so I wanted to do something fun. We had steak dinner...soaked in the hot springs...swam...and enjoyed a pazookie. It was so much fun!! While we were swimming, Molly was laughing, Nick and I were both smiling and I knew I was having a moment that I didn't want to forget. Molly summarized it best. When we were walking in the door that night Molly said, "That was fun, fun, fun!" So cute!

Mother's day was nice and relaxing. It was nice to come home from church to a poster made by Molly and Nick (Molly was home sick) and some paper flowers. Nick also got me some earrings and flowers to plant outside. He is also working on a shelf in the garage that I have been dying to have built. What a great hubby!! We enjoyed dinner at Jessica's and playing church baseball.

Fun weekend!!

1 comments:

Shermilton said...

I love moments like that. They are icing on the cake of life.