Friday, May 7, 2010

Seven


Seven is my number. It is symbolic of being complete and whole. Well, 7 years ago today Nick proposed. (May 7th) Thank You Nicholas!! You have made my life complete and whole. For those of you wondering how he proposed...He called and asked me if we could do dinner that night. I was busying studying for finals (in my second to last semester of college) and thought a break would be great! Especially with my sweetheart. Nick picked me up and we went to his house. We went upstairs to his room and he had set up a red and white checkered blanket, candles, and fancy glasses. He made stir fry so we sat and ate our picnic dinner. (It was raining outside, which spoiled his plans of a real picnic outside) After we ate he handed me a book called "365 ways to kiss your love" and told me to pick my favorite. He picked his favorite too. Smooch! then he blindfolded me and took me to my bosses back yard. (this is where we first held hands and cuddled on the porch swing...while watering their garden when they were out of town) He got down on one knee and told me to take off the blindfold. He simply said, "Sarah, will you marry me?" I was so excited that I forgot to say yes. I was just squeeling, and hugging and kissing and then Nick said, "I hope that means yes. Thanks for asking!
This year we will celebrate our 7th anniversary on August 7th.
Some other sevens...7 diamonds in my engagement band, 7 diamonds in my wedding band, motel room 7 the night before we got married, 7 on my endowment tag, 7 was our first apartment, and the list goes on...seriously. Anyway, 7 will always be my number and I am thankful that 7 years ago Nick asked if I would be his forever.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Very sweet! How fun to find out how Nick proposed. Congrats on seven years (just about).

Tiffany said...

That really is amazing! I wonder what other 7's will present themselves into your life! We really really miss you guys.

whitneys said...

how adorable! what a great man you've got!

Emily said...

That's amazing!