Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A few more crafts


So I have been working on decorating my family room. I decided to do a number theme. Then it sort of turned into a game theme too. I really like how it turned out so far. Still a few things to do but it is coming together. I made the dominos will 2X4's that I found outside. (yes we still live in a construction zone) I painted them the color of our trim and then sanded and stained it. Of corse they all make the number 7. (If you missed my post on our favorite number you will have to look back earlier in the month.) I did the same process with the scrabble game. My sister in law Julia made me the family home evening sign.
The other day I caught this shot. (It isn't very good, but I didn't want Molly to catch me taking it.) She climbed up in the baby doll crib to look out the window and watch the dozers and trucks. It was pretty cute!

6 comments:

Stitchnmom said...

I love the decor!!!

Becky said...

Cute decorations! Molly sure is growing up fast! I love her watching the stuff out the window!

Chad, Natalie, Russell, and Autumn said...

What a cute idea! Good work on the decorating. And how cute is that picture of Molly!

The Bertagnoles said...

I LOVE the scrabble thing. Some friends of ours did that with the names of everyone in their family, everyone branched off of their last name. It was cute. I like your idea too, though. FUN! I want to re-do the decorations in my living room now. lol!

Emily said...

I've never seen the scrabble and dominoes decorations like that. They are super cute!

Jewel said...

The dominoes turned out really cute. I like it. Very original and "let's have fun as a family" -ish.