Monday, March 29, 2010

Coupons

So I have just been learning a little bit more about coupons lately and today I think I had a pretty successful trip to the store. The only thing I needed as far as food goes is eggs, but I took the opportunity to stock up on some other things that were on sale for the pantry. If you are good at couponing...please critique and let me know if I really got a good deal or not. Here is what I got.

1 12 ct. eggs
2 dove deodorants
3 dove shampoos
6 ziplock bags (2 100 ct. sandwich and 4 30 ct. freezer quart size)
6 reese cups (for easter)
Total: $20.52
Send in for $15.00 Rebate for the ziplocks
Grand total $5.52 for all the products listed above + $4.00 in Register Rewards
I guess that means that shopping trip was $1.52 for everything.
NOT TOO BAD!!

according to my receipt my total savings was $34. 30 but that is before the rebates and the RR

6 comments:

Nevada Woolfs said...

Woohoo! Good job Sarah.

Chad, Natalie, Russell, and Autumn said...

Wow! Do you want to come do my shopping?

Lindy said...

I've been doing this for a few months, and I'm still trying to decide if my buying the newspaper - just for the coupons - is worth it. Do I buy things I wouldn't normally by just because I have a coupon for them? Keep sharing your ideas!

Jewel said...

I think that one is pretty obvious.
Now to fit in with REAL couponers, you should have taken a picture of the items spread out on your counter to add to the post.
You know I'm just jealous.

Jewel said...

P.S. SARAH, The black heels with the jeans are ROCKIN'!!!! You look so good.

The Bertagnoles said...

WOW! I have started couponing,too! I didn't do as well as you did, though. Tell me how you did it!!! :)