Monday, October 26, 2009

This little Piggie got Swine Flu



It is true. Somehow this little piggie got out of Molly's hammy-down pajamas and the last 5 days we have been stuck home with swine flu. It started last Tuesday night when Molly woke up about 11 pm crying and I went to check on her. She was HOT! I brought her into Nick and he confirmed my suspicion. We took her temperature- 102.5 and then gave her Tylenol. She wouldn't go back to sleep, so we spent the next hour or so cuddling on the rocking chair. After several more times awake, a priesthood blessing and many prayers the sun came up and we called the doctor. After going in, the doctor diagnosed Molly with Swine flu. Not exactly sure where she picked it up but my suspicion is that she got it at her "well baby" check-up a few days prior. Anyway, we have spent the last week shut in trying not to infect the rest of the world. I started showing symptoms a few days later. I think we will stay in for a few more days. Molly doesn't have a fever anymore (and hasn't since last Wednesday) but still has a yucky cough and nose. I just have the nose stuff still. The good news is that it seems like a mild flu and we are slowly getting better. Here are some things we have done while stuck home.

Molly had suckers to keep the couch down a little. She loved it.

Curled Molly's hair for the first time.

Made a cute craft for her bows.
Read lots of books! (Molly loves to pull them all off the shelf)

Hung blinds in the house. Tried a new recipe. Hung out as a family. Watched several movies.

13 comments:

whitneys said...

oh i'm so glad you both are feeling better. looks like you had plenty to keep you busy.:)

Julia Armstrong said...

What did the doc have you do? I have a sick little one at home too, but her fever hasn't gotten as high as yours. It is so sad. I'm glad you are doing better and only had a mild case of it.

Emily said...

Sad. I'm glad to hear you're both starting to get over it. I love the bow holder. Super cute.

Missy said...

Oh no! I'm so glad you guys are feeling better! That must have been a bummer. It sound like you got a lot of fun stuff done though.

Jen said...

I am so sorry she has been sick!!! We have been under the weather here too, but no official diagnosis. I hope she gets feeling better soon, and that maybe some mild cases early in the season will build up some good immunity for later!! Here's hoping, at least! :) Molly couldn't get any cuter... she is just a doll!! Hope you are all healthy soon!!

Becky said...

It is so hard when your little ones get sick! I hope things didn't get too bad for you and that everyone is on the mend now!

Lisa said...

Poor little baby! I hope you both feel better!

Stitchnmom said...

That little piggy is so cute!!! I love the bow hanger, can I post it on my crafting blog? Thanks for coming over tonight.

Angie said...

Bummer on the flu. Glad you're on the upswing and that it was mild.

seegfam said...

Hope you feel better soon! No fun for you guys! :)

Shelise said...

SO scary! Cute bow holder

-Yaerli Hatch said...

at least Molly's feet are growing! Nicks costume is AWSOME!!!!!

LOVE Ya,
YaerBEar

Jewel said...

Hi Sarah,
I liked Molly's hair curled.

I have to say something about the phrase "hammy down." If that is really what you have thought those passed along clothes were called all of these years, you must have learned it from the same person who called a dresser a "chester drawers."