Thursday, June 12, 2008

Baby Update

Sorry it has been so long. I miss having the Internet at home. Sometimes it is all I can do to leave the house for an hour to go to the library and use the Internet. Anyway, just a quick update...

Last week was pretty bad, I wasn't able to keep anything down. I knew that was a good sign, but I was pretty discouraged. On Monday we saw our new doctor. He gave me a gel that you rub on your wrists that helps with the vomiting. And so far, I haven't thrown up since Tuesday. YEAH! Of course I still don't feel great, but it is nice to be able to keep some food down. We also got to see our baby again. The doctor did another ultrasound and it was really reassuring! We saw the baby and heard the heartbeat. The doctor says the heartbeat is strong, and a good rate. I am still supposed to take it easy, but our chances of miscarrying went way down with such a great heartbeat at this point. We finally felt like we could celebrate this baby a little. We know it is still early, (9weeks) but we have hope that all will work out.

Nick is doing well. Still not loving his assignment here, but knowing that it is only 3 months helps the days pass a little quicker.

We MISS our friends in Nevada!!! but love spending time with our friends here too. Even though we don't have family here, in a way, it was like coming home. More adventures await. :)

10 comments:

Shelise said...

I am so relieved to hear this news. I think about you often and wonder. ( I guess I could call, but calls usually arent all that pleasant with hudson yelling at me in the background haha). Thanks for posting and definitely keep us updated.

The Wynn Family said...

That is great news on the baby! I went to scrap booking last night and everyone was wondering how you guys are doing. Sister Walters says to tell you congrats! We are so excited to see you guys. We are trying to keep it a secret from our kids, mainly so they won't ask 20 times a day if we can go and see Nick and Sarah now. Till Sunday.

Leisel said...

Yeah! I am happy the baby is doing well! We are praying for you!!!

whitneys said...

that's awesome that the baby's heartbeat is so strong!! Hope you start to feel better soon.

Encore Dance said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you! Don't you just love the sound the the baby's heart beat, it sounds cheesy but it always made me want to dance. I wish my doc had some magic gel!

Lisa said...

I am so glad to hear about the baby. I keep checking your blog every day to see if there was any news :) I'm glad you can eat and keep food down. That makes it easier. We miss you!

Angie said...

I'm so happy for you! It's wonderful to hear good news, and to have a healthy heartbeat. Also, I'm glad the wrist gel is working. Yay! I'm still praying for you!

Bridget said...

The more sick you feel, the better your progesterone levels! I still have a great feeling about this baby. Great that you have a gel! We are all envious of this magic gel! :)

Lindy said...

This is the best news I've heard all day. Happy Fathers' Day, Nick!

Nachelle said...

Great to hear the good news about your baby!

(btw- I just realized I wrote vitamin b-12 on my last comment, I meant b-6)