Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Bragging

I brag about my kids all the time and today is Nick's turn.  Here are a few emails from a few people here that appreciate Nick's work in the school district enough to brag about him to his boss.  I'm so proud of Nick!  He is such a great OT!

The Email
Jenn,
During the 2012-2013 school year, I was the Functional Skills teacher at Eagle Bay Elementary.  During that time, I had the privilege of working with a fantastic occupational therapist, Nick Sidwell.  I wanted to let you know that he was a very helpful OT.  No matter the skill level of my students, he truly spent time to get to know the student and wanted to find ways that would help them grow.  He gave me ideas that would help out in my class and was more than willing to collaborate.  It was very helpful that he wanted to be involved in finding ways to help the students grow.  He attended every IEP meeting and offered advice and support to the parents.  I had parents mention how thankful they were to have an OT that cared about their child’s needs.

Janet Marsden

Reply
Thank you so much for sharing this information!!  We absolutely think the world of Nick.  It is great to hear from happy teachers :).

Enjoy the last bit of your summer!
Jenn

Another Email:
Hey Jen,

We have talked a lot about Nick Sidwell in our SPED team meetings.  He has done a phenomenal job!  He is always willing to help when we call him and is quick to respond to our team’s/students’ needs.  All in all, he has been the most visible and easily accessible OT any of us has worked with.

Douglas Forsgren
Farmington Elementary

Another Email:
Why is Nick Awesome?

He is always willing to discuss a student weather on his caseload or not.  He is quick to come up with pre-referral/intervention suggestions.   He is flexible in working with children where ever he can find and enthusiastically participates with them.  Kids like him.  He is a good team player.

Thanks
Taryn

Taryn Nicksic-Springer M.Ed., BCBA
School Psychologist Intern


1 comments:

Angie said...

Yay Nick! I'm not surprised, and I'm glad he's receiving recognition he deserves. Thanks for sharing, Sarah.