Thursday, September 5, 2013

Labor Day Bear Lake Fun

For Labor Day weekend, our friends the Chirstensens invited us to Bear Lake with them.  We hadn't been up to Logan since we moved almost 2 years ago, so we took advantage of the time and drove by the house and visited a few friends before heading to the cabin.  We got to visit with Janell Johnson and Holly.  (Who got engaged last night.:))  We also went and visited Kim Hawkes and Riley joined us a few hours later to rock climb.  We took the Chrisetnsens and Hawkes climbing at the mouth of the canyon.  After settling in at the cabin the Millers arrived.  They are some other great friends up here in Farmington.  We just hung out and visited that night  On Saturday Melodi and I went on a walk that was killer for me, but wonderful to visit with just her and I.  We spent the bulk of the day playing at the lake.  Molly and Avey LOVED paying in the mud/sand.  Nick and I enjoyed watching them and visiting with our friends.  Halfway through the day I put Avey in her stroller and Kamela and I walked the beach trying to get Avey a nap.  We also had a great talk.  I have been blessed with some really special friends here!!  After we got home and got showers we went downtown for dinner (where I saw Emily Peterson-one of my Laurels) and raspberry shakes.  Then we played a few games and headed home.

























The next day was Claire Bodily's blessing.  Jared invited Nick to be in the circle.  The Bodilys are also friends that we are SUPER blessed to have in our lives.

On Monday we headed to Evenston to help Bart and Jess with their yard.  We all played in the dirt again.  I didn't feel like we were able to help a ton, but hopefully it was helpful to have us there.  We enjoyed the visits that we had and the kids of coarse loved being with their cousins!

I really have been blessed with the best of friends!!  The Christensens and Millers, Janell and the Hawkes, The Bodilys and Mickels, and the Jensens all in one weekend.  It helped me realize that where ever we have lived, God has blessed us with people to make our lives amazing.  Feeling Thankful!!

0 comments: