Friday, April 26, 2013

Mayers

Last night we met up with the Mayers for dinner at Costa Vida in Draper.  They are some really great friends we met while living in Henderson for grad. school.  The move to Henderson was HARD for me, but the Mayers became some of our best friends.  We would often hang out at each others houses, attended an institute class together and would attend the temple together often.  We went to some performances of Kyle and Shalise as they both sing beautifully!  We were there helping paint when they got their first house.  They were there when we miscarried with flowers and a listening ear.  They were also there when we announced that we were expecting again.  I feel like even though we don't see each other often we are still close and I am so thankful for their friendship!!  They are moving to CO next week and we will miss living close to them.  It is days like this, as they leave that I am kicking myself for not getting together more often.  (Although I blame it on Shalise and I both pregnant and sick at the same time and then both having new babies to worry about.) When we met neither of us had children.  I remember driving somewhere with Kyle and Shalise and asking what was new.  They both were silent and smiling for a second and then I said, "You're Pregnant."  Yep, I called it.  When Shalise had Hudson we went and saw them in the hospital. (Now having my own babies, I'm sorry we went out.  I think hospitals with a newborn are just for family, so thanks for being easy going about it Shalise.)  Molly and Cannon are just two months apart.  (Molly being older) And Bensen and Avey are a month apart. (Bensen being older)  Good memories!
 Good Fun!  Good Friends!

0 comments: