Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Echos

Each of my girls have a song.  When I was pregnant I carefully chose a song for my girls and sang it to them throughout my pregnancy and when they were born.  Avey especially seems to know her song.  I sang it to her within an hour of delivery and often when we rock.  I remember kind of feeling guilty when I was pushing in labor because I was bringing this sweet, clean, pure baby into a world of harshness and pain.  I know it is part of Gods plan, but I just want to protect her so much.  I hope that she will have echos often in her life and that I can help her recognize them.

On the LONG Disney drive when she was fussy we would play the song over and over and it would calm her down.  (As soon as it would end she would cry until it came back on.)

Here are the words to Echos by Mercy River.


Long ago and faraway
You were held in another place
And you were whispered sweet words of peace
And you were wrapped in the Arms of Mercy
Soon you won’t remember those days
Soon you won’t recall His voice or His face
But baby, sometimes if you’re still…
Chorus:
You will hear echoes
Heavenly echoes
Reminding you of another time and place
Like waking from an old familiar dream
You will hear echoes
You may have feelings hard to understand
Like you’re a stranger in a foreign land
When your homesick spirit feels alone
Remember, remember this was not your first home
Chorus
There may be times it seems
Heaven never happened
But baby, there will be angels
Waiting to send you
Chorus


2 comments:

Ruth said...

This is a beautiful song and what a great idea! I am definitely going to use with my babies. Life is funny at times. Hope that the move goes well.

Shermilton said...

I love this idea. I know your girls will treasure this for the rest of their lives.