Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's a Girl!!

Yesterday we had our 20 week ultrasound. I have to admit, I was really nervous. I remember too well the night before Jessicas 20 week ultrasound and talking about what they thought the baby would be...and then the next day learning that their baby Hunter wouldn't servive mortality. What a month of tears all from that ultrasound. It was good to hear that the baby looks healthy. Love hearing the heartbeat and seeing her move. Molly climbed on the bed with me and the lady showed her the screen where the baby was. She said, "oh, two babies". Another quick feeling of panic since Joseph and Jessie found out they were having twins on their 20 week ultrasound. Don't worry, Molly was wrong. Just one baby. When the tech said it was a girl, Molly said, "no, it's a boy". But from what we saw and what the tech saw, it is a girl. Honestly, I couldn't be more happy about it. It will be fun for Molly to have a sister and I feel like I know girls. I was a little nervous about all the changes if it were a boy, so this will be great. I was super surprised however since Molly has been claiming it is a boy since we told her there was baby in my tummy.

So as far as names go, we have a few in mind, but not positive about any. There are a few names that I like, but don't love the nickname that it might bring. I'm also not into trendy names but I am into family names. My grandma Whiteheads name was Della, which I don't love, but I do like Ella...however is it too popular of a name? Nothing drove me more crazy than when I was thing school and had several kids with the same name. Molly's middle names a part of my grandma Echers name, so it would be nice to use grandma Whiteheads too.?!

Another cool thing I don't want to forget is that Nick was able to feel our little lady kick last night for the first time. I have been feeling her for about a month, but it was exciting that Nick is able to feel her now too. I need to enjoy these movements before they get too hard and uncomfortable.

The house is supposedly officially sold. We signed the papers today and it should record tomorrow. I am happy to have the stress of the house gone, but I couldn't be more heartbroken to have that chapter of my life closed. We have been looking for apartments or houses from price to ferron and haven't found anything that we like or would be willing to pay for. I don't feel like I am too picky, but man, we can't find anything we would live in. Things are good at my parents, but it is hard to be our own family living in someone else's home.

7 comments:

Chad, Natalie, Russell, and Autumn said...

So exciting!! Love girls!!! We could not be more excited for you guys!

Tiffany said...

So happy you are having another beautiful little girl! Every girl needs a sister. :) Good luck choosing a name (you know how I feel about Ella!) And good luck finding a place to live. We miss you guys!

Tiffany said...

P.S.; you should check out the website www.nameberry.com. Way fun baby naming website!

Joe'n'Jess said...

Personally i really have always like the name Ella, but i LOVE della! what a beautiful name! i've never heard it before.
just realized it will be saying Della anyway. "Molly and Della" or "Molly anD Ella". same same.

Emily said...

Congratulations on another girl! That's great news.

When it comes to names, my opinion is to go with what feels right to you and not worry too much what other people might think.

Good luck finding the right home - it's a lot of hard work and patience.

Jessica Jensen said...

I like both names too. I am just excited that she is healthy and that Molly is going to have a sister. :)

Angie said...

Congrats on the healthy girl! What fun news. I actually like Della. It's something you don't hear every day and is classy. But of course you're the one who's got to love the name! Good luck and I can't wait to learn more about this little lady.