Thursday, December 15, 2011

December Updates


My Christmas Sweetheart!



I am sorry. I am always apologizing for not keeping up on my blog, but I do feel bad. I haven't had many comments so i forget that people still check it and want to know what is going on...and see Molly. More importantly this is my journal, so without it...I'm going to forget. I must do better, so here is an update.

We are still adjusting to living in such a rural place, but we have enjoyed some community favorites. The first was the Helper Electric Light Parade. It was something that I attended while growing up and was even more fun this year taking Molly. She loved having hot chocolate and seeing all the lights. She really loved the fireworks after too.
Another thing we did, just Nick and I, was attended the community theater play, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." We went to a Christmas party with some of my high school friends and laughed so hard that night I probably cried a few times. So much fun!! We also attended our ward Christmas party. My mom and I were in charge of all the food for the RS Christmas party. It turned out really nice.

One sad thing that happened was that early in September I bought tickets to David Archuleta's Christmas concert in Cedar City, but ended up selling my tickets because I was sick. Those of you who know how I like David Archuleta, know it was a big disappointment. One of my really good friends was able to use the tickets though, so I was glad about that.

We have played in the snow, built snowman, decorated, and ate goodies. This weekend is one that I have been anticipating for a while now. We are headed up to SLC to see the temple lights and shop. Can't wait for this little get-away.
We have had a few power outages so here is a picture when we were hanging out by candlelight.

7 comments:

Jessica Jensen said...

I loved catching up... maybe I should blog too

Riley and Brittney said...

Molly is getting so big. I love all your pics!! And Thanks for blogging:) (sorry for putting the pressure on you - ha ha)! Miss you!

Joe'n'Jess said...

that picture of molly all bundled up looks a lot like you sarah. i've always seen so much more of nick, but this time i see a little sarah.

Shermilton said...

Loved seeing the pictures. The Helper Light Parade--I'll have to bring my kids to see it. Haven't done that yet.

Emily said...

Sounds like you've fit a lot of fun into December so far! I'm glad things are going well for you. Merry Christmas!

-Yaerli Hatch said...

Sounds like a whole lot of fun!! Can't wait to see you guys only 3 more days!!!

Jewel said...

I didn't know you did the food for the RS dinner. Way to go. you guys are complets PROS.